Hello everybody,
    I know this topic has already been discussed, but in this thread, I'm NOT complaining about BBM reliability or anything.
    I'm really trying to understand why it sometimes takes a very long time for messages to be delivered to iPhones and Android devices.
    Are BBM servers slow now that there are more users or something?
    Once again, I'm not at all complaining, just trying to understand.

Thanks for any information you have.
    11-23-13 09:06 PM
    Hello everybody,
    I know this topic has already been discussed, but in this thread, I'm NOT complaining about BBM reliability or anything.
    I'm really trying to understand why it sometimes takes a very long time for messages to be delivered to iPhones and Android devices.
    Are BBM servers slow now that there are more users or something?
    Once again, I'm not at all complaining, just trying to understand.

Thanks for any information you have.

Honestly I think if people knew exactly what was causing it, it probably wouldn't be a problem any more.

One thing that seems to have an impact in some cases is operating systems that do not multitask well. iOS 6 is one of those. iOS 7 is supposed to be better in that regard. Apparently if an iPhone running iOS 6 goes to sleep, it stops sending "delivery notifications". Which while it doesn't necessarily mean the user will not see the message when they wake up the device, it will appear to the sender that the message did not get sent at all.

And there are also apparently some actual delays. Some could be due to congestion in the BBM NOC, others could be app design issues. I haven't seen any truly scientific comparisons between different messaging apps, but I think someone should do one.
    faithfuluser likes this.
    11-23-13 10:39 PM
    From the testing I've done on my gfs iPhone running ios7, the message is actually delivered, but it's just not shown in bbm as delivered for whatever reason. Usually, it's when she's not actively using her phone and it's been sitting for awhile and it's locked.

I can see that she's got it, but I'm not getting the "D". But, I get the delivery confirmation as soon as she unlocks the phone and is actively using it.

Posted via CB10
    faithfuluser likes this.
    11-23-13 10:45 PM
    I find it takes time on iphones because their reception is poor but this could also be network or provides data, I have also been told if iphone users are in a call bbm stays gray until call has ended but don't quote me on that one

Via Crackberry Z30
    11-24-13 06:44 PM