On opening day for BBM going cross platform I had it installed within minutes of it being available to me as I signed up to be notified as soon as possible. However there are a few things I think should be addressed in future updates.

1. The chat window is fairly small. The bottom row of icons which includes attachment, send button, add an individual to chat and overflow (three dots) needs to be removed. All these icons can be put into the overflow button (three dots) and the overflow button itself be moved up beside the emoticon button. This will allow for a larger reading window.

2. Why can't I attach a picture to a group chat? Am I doing something wrong?

3. When I look at my contacts and they are in the list format not big square display pictures, some names are in bold and some are not. These randomly switch and I cannot figure out why? Can somebody explain?

Other then that, this is a great app from BB and I am having more action and conversations now then when I actually had my Blackberry. Great job and looking forward to the upgrades with voice, video and channels.
    10-26-13 07:36 PM
    1. The chat window is fairly small. The bottom row of icons which includes attachment, send button, add an individual to chat and overflow (three dots) needs to be removed. All these icons can be put into the overflow button (three dots) and the overflow button itself be moved up beside the emoticon button. This will allow for a larger reading window.
    That bar above the keyboard can be hidden behind the keyboard just like it is on BB10. Check your settings/options in BBM to do so.
    That will clear up some extra viewing space.

2. Why can't I attach a picture to a group chat? Am I doing something wrong?
    No, the pictures shared with Group do not appear in-line with the Group Chat. In your Group section of BBM app, each Group has a Pictures tab where they all go. Each Picture can be commented on in this gallery.

I wish they appeared in the Group Chat just like they would in regular BBM Chats, even a multiperson chat. That's probably the only thing I prefer on WhatsApp over BBM.

Check your notification settings for BBM. There might be some tweaks so you're notified of new Pictures/comments and taken straight there.

3. When I look at my contacts and they are in the list format not big square display pictures, some names are in bold and some are not. These randomly switch and I cannot figure out why? Can somebody explain?
    If they're in bold, they have an unread message in your current Chat with that BBM Contact. You can tap the name to go straight to it.

Other then that, this is a great app from BB and I am having more action and conversations now then when I actually had my Blackberry. Great job and looking forward to the upgrades with voice, video and channels.
    I agree. BBM is kind of exciting right now. I'm loving all these new (and old!) contacts.

And yes, BBM Voice, BBM Video, and Channels will take it to a whole new level!
    10-26-13 07:53 PM
    No the bold names in my list are not unread messages. some of the names i do not even have an open chat with.
    10-26-13 08:20 PM
    No the bold names in my list are not unread messages. some of the names i do not even have an open chat with.
    Okay that is odd then.
    The next time you notice, can you check the Updates section and see if they have an item there?

Did you get the options bar sorted out?
    10-26-13 08:26 PM
    I got the options bar sorted out yes! Thank you so much! So much better!

As for the updates, i checked and the bold names are still there. right now there is only one name on my list that is bold.
    10-26-13 08:40 PM
    Just figured it out! Its a message that you sent to them but they have not read it. Even if you delete the current conversation.
    10-26-13 09:01 PM
    So how do you send a picture when the bar is removed??
    11-02-13 03:22 AM