Was at a friend's place today, we both have Z10's.

My BBM chat with him showed the voice and video chat buttons at the top, his didn't.
    When I placed a video chat call, his phone did nothing. I cancelled the request, and about 30 seconds later his phone started to ring with the BBM voice call. This was repeatable 3 times.

Also, now that BBM has expanded contact list support, using the "Share" menu to share something like a picture to a BBM contact brings up several contacts who aren't in my BBM contact list. How do I narrow down that list to only BBM contacts?

Thanks.
    04-26-15 11:52 PM
    one of the features of the new BBM is to allow you to begin chatting immediately with people from your contact list who are not on your BBM. I don't believe there is a way to remove those names from your list as you try to share a picture or file.

as for the video call thing you described....weird. It obviously takes longer than expected to connect the two phones, but why after you canceled the call? bizarre!
    04-27-15 05:45 AM
    I was about to leave my thoughts on the BlackBerry Beta Zone forum but that place is a mess.

BBM needs an option to disable this new feature. You know when BlackBerry removed the vertical grey call-answer bar and replaced it with the ugly Android-style one? Their rationale: It was an extra "think point" that confused users.

This expanded contact list thing is one such "think point". If I haven't added contacts to BBM, there's probably a reason for it. Either they have BBM installed but don't actively use it, or I just don't want to use BBM to chat with them. Maybe I don't want to be reminded of that person.

When I want to share a picture or other file, there's a better chance that it's with someone I actively chat with on BBM. I shouldn't be presented with several other names too. It's sort of like Facebook suggesting that I be friends with people I never want to talk with.

I don't know why BB10 is increasingly becoming cluttered and obnoxious. If I wanted an Android, I'd have bought an Android.
    04-27-15 11:07 AM