I'm just checking in to see if there has been a solution for BBM getting 'stuck' and using up CPU cycles (as I have read) due to "ad blocking" or other blocking on a network? I've searched but haven't run across a solution.

Personally, I have seen it once but I have some friends who are almost 100% BlackBerry (husband, wife and two kids) and they are running into this rather frequently.

Now I am running 10.3.1.something (just used Sachesi for the first time the other day) on Verizon but they are using official 10.2.1 distribution.

Has it been verified that 10.3.1 fixes this or do they just need to update to the latest BBM or perhaps has another solution been discovered that I have not encountered as I search the forums?

Thanks for the input and helping me keep this a BlackBerry family!

DG

Edit: I just read that it was confirmed to still exist in 10.3.1.1151 with BBM 10.5.15.15
    Source: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-2751

I had been to that link before and voted it up in the past. Sadly, there is no update as of Feb 10.
    04-28-15 05:49 PM
    Update: I drove over and look at her phone and confirmed that BBM was the culprit. I gave her an extra charger to use at the office "just in case" and instructed her that if she notices her phone heating up and confirms BBM is doing it again, to try turning off WiFi and turning it back on. I'm just thinking that disconnecting that avenue of data might break the cycle. I told her it was a "shot in the dark" and perhaps worth a try.
    04-28-15 07:52 PM