People would literally go bonkers?

No, people don't really give a hoot. Only 1.1 million users downloaded it for iPhone (INCLUDING Android leak users) while it was available in the Apple App Store for about half the planet.

BBM was going to be a flop at launch, and would be 10x the flop now. Heck, they probably saw the sad download rate and pulled it on purpose.

Posted via CB10
    Uh yeah...for the few hours it was available that's a lot of people downloading bbm. Show me stats where other new apps were downloaded faster in the given time.

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    10-02-13 06:42 PM
    And it's Friday again and no BBM.

Fail....

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    10-04-13 07:05 AM
    Uh yeah...for the few hours it was available that's a lot of people downloading bbm. Show me stats where other new apps were downloaded faster in the given time.

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    Not a new app, but the new iOS 7 had hundreds of Millions of downloads in one day.
    It's not necessarily apples to oranges because the assumption is that there are iOS and Android users that were previously BBM users.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 07:19 AM
    Instagram got over 1mm downloads in first 24hrs, and guess what? It worked!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 08:13 AM
    i managed to get the bbm on my ios, though i still think its a bit buggy and not as smooth.
    you can download the cracked IPA if you are jailbroken (so obviously not on ios7).
    but if i were you i'd rather wait, its pretty crappy and buggy and slow.
    but it does work tho

ps: i got the official one from the appstore at midnight, not a cracked ipa, so use that at your own risk.
    10-04-13 02:38 PM
    Three weeks since the official launch date and all quiet from BBRY. I'm shocked there hasn't even been an estimate. It is clear that this was a much bigger issue than what they originally claimed was the cause of the postponement.
    10-11-13 07:33 PM
    I've basically given up on this being released. I want it, but I don't need it. Honestly speaking - I didn't expect them to screw this release up and was looking forward to seeing how it worked on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    10-11-13 10:16 PM

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    Totally agree, it was pulled of really fast, so 50% of the people who could download it did not had the chance (a lot of people arent phone freaks and just download it when they wake up in the morning).
    Also here in belgium a LOT of people where looking to get it. I think i on my own got 19 text messages and 4 WhatsApp messages with these words : where the hell is our BBM?
    So yeah, i'm sure it would pull of really good!
    Also a lot of people didn't knew about it because of the good marketing.
    Let's say 4 million downloads outright, and the 2 nd day a lot of people would get messages to also download it.
    People do know that BBM is good but bbry lost their shot. They messed it up.
    To bad for me, i still have to text or WhatsApp my gf and a lot of friends. This while bbm would be much better (90% of my friends are ex BlackBerry and know bbm's strength).

Let's hope they bring it out with some extra features.
    10-11-13 10:46 PM
33 12