Wouldn't it be great if BBM launched this weekend?

Posted via CB10
    Kyle232013 likes this.
    09-27-13 10:06 AM
    Hopefully we won't have to say this every Friday...
    09-27-13 10:08 AM
    In your dreams I guess

Sent via my Z10
    09-27-13 10:08 AM
    Depending on how you look at it, they either made their Summer deadline or blew it already. That doesn't leave them very much incentive to launch anytime soon, unfortunately. As much as people said that the cross-platform BBM would have to be launched flawlessly, relaunching before everything works right would be pathetic. That's why they even announced that they would be doing a country-by-country rollout and I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean starting in New Zealand and progressing with the rotation of the earth. They are going to take their sweet time and they won't launch in North America or Europe first.

my iPhone PIN 79A73C98
    Last edited by heymaggie; 09-27-13 at 10:52 AM.
    09-27-13 10:11 AM
    While i'm sure it will be very popular still, i think it's lost the buzz what was going around before the launch.

Friends who i ask now say they'll just check for an update now and then, where they were waiting up until midnight to get it straight away last week.
    09-27-13 10:26 AM
    That would be awesome! But I doubt BBM will go cross platform any time soon... this is typical BlackBerry taking their sweet time..
    09-27-13 06:23 PM
    I honestly thought this would have been released by now. Guess I can't say it wasn't expected... It is RIM/Blackberry and some habits are hard to break.
    09-27-13 06:46 PM
    I just want to increase my bbm contacts and drop WhatsApp. Looks like I'm going to wait longer than I wanted to.

Oh well....looks like the wise cracks from my iPhone and Android buddies will continue for a while.
    09-27-13 07:07 PM
    I hope they aren't trying to make us forget about it so they can take their time. If we don't see something by Wednesday....

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:31 PM
    I hope they aren't trying to make us forget about it so they can take their time. If we don't see something by Wednesday....

Posted via CB10
    BBM won't drop until the deal is done, if it dropped now the Company would gain 5 billion in value because BBM will be viral
    Barry Rogers1 likes this.
    09-27-13 08:53 PM
    They said not this week. So don't expect it today or tomorrow. And yes I know for some Sunday starts the week, but not to me.
    09-28-13 05:27 AM
    This is TH singing "tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iihaaaahaaaahiiiime(time) is on my side, yes it is"
    lol
    Mitchell Thurber likes this.
    09-28-13 05:50 AM
    buy drive blackberry if you love and use BBM...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-28-13 06:00 AM
    I know this likely isn't the case, let's be honest we're talking about BlackBerry, but it'd be awesome if they waited an extra week or so and just launched it with voice and video, and be like forgive is for the mess up here's some extra goodies, people would literally go bonkers.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 10:31 AM
    Well... It's Saturday and still no word on when to expect this to be released (again). Would it be fair to say that the bbm re-release is on the back burner for now??
    09-28-13 08:29 PM
    People would literally go bonkers?

No, people don't really give a hoot. Only 1.1 million users downloaded it for iPhone (INCLUDING Android leak users) while it was available in the Apple App Store for about half the planet.

BBM was going to be a flop at launch, and would be 10x the flop now. Heck, they probably saw the sad download rate and pulled it on purpose.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 09:20 PM

No, people don't really give a hoot. Only 1.1 million users downloaded it for iPhone (INCLUDING Android leak users) while it was available in the Apple App Store for about half the planet.

BBM was going to be a flop at launch, and would be 10x the flop now. Heck, they probably saw the sad download rate and pulled it on purpose.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it was a sad download rate. My understanding was that the demand was bigger than anticipated. I was patiently waiting and then it was gone. Lol.
    09-28-13 09:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, half the planet with the lowest smartphone penetration. Lol and iPhone doesn't even have nearly the same hold in any of those countries as NA lol

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 09:57 PM
    So you're saying 1.1 is an impressive download rate? What would this translate to on a worldwide basis? 3 million? So if BBM were downloaded by 3 million iOS users the first day if it came out all over the planet as planned you would find that impressive?

Apple sold 9 million iPhones last weekend.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 10:06 PM
    The heck with BBM4ALL I want sms 2.0

Sent from, My Motorola side view pager. 4-5683-8
    09-28-13 10:20 PM
    Would have been nice to have had BBM go cross platform this weekend. Guess that was hoping for too much. I know they released an update on Monday but the could have given a further update on Friday just to reassure everyone that they were still working on the issue.
    09-28-13 10:36 PM
    Yeah they botched the buzz everybody is just saying "same old BlackBerry" can't do anything right, the buzz isn't as big as it was

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-28-13 10:40 PM
    My opinion: But they're not still working on the issue. There probably wasn't an issue. If they decide to launch cross-platform BBM, they can quickly. But there are too many corporate decisions to be made first.

Posted via CB10
    DS1331 likes this.
    09-28-13 11:50 PM
    I can't believe it's been a week and a half. Nothing!

Posted via CB10
    dollface likes this.
    10-02-13 09:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Are you serious?! The app got pulled out in less than 5 hours after it was released in the middle east ( almost everyone was sleeping cause it was in the A.M ) and it never even made it to the U.S

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 06:03 PM
33 12