Yesterday I installed bbm on my iphone when it was online and working, fortunatly many of my friends also downloaded and its still working fine for them... but almost every one stopped using it after an hour or so.. reason:
    U cant mute the notification volume( we all have so many groups on wats app) we generally keep it muted. So that we can continue woth our priorities first without disturbance, thou we see the notification in icon.
    U cant share videos.. I mean this is very essential coz we all share videos(x) and so many ****s.. utube videos etc... but iys not there.
    No file sharing: even I told to everyone that good part of bbm is.. u can share files... if not videos.. so its productive for org. but wait.. bbm only supports photos in ios..
    I mean how in thos world u can say u r competeting when thw service u boasts lack almost essential features of msgng when there are good alternates available???
    Some guys will say that see unofficial launch get more than a million user in 8 hours.. but trust me.. ppl are downloading for curosity and expectation of the best msg plateform... but alas. they wont be hanging around and this time BlackBerry will screw even their best weapon by lacking essential things... ppl will download and give a try... now blackberry dont give an excuse because this time ppl give u a upper hand.. but surely they will loose this opportunity too as always...
    We all are living in a state of denial.. the main thing was.. our so called NOC is not capable enough to handle that much data or traffic....
    Ppl say wats app is a ****.. but do anyone remember when does they have outrage???
    Rip. BlackBerry u again did it ur way....
    phonejunky likes this.
    09-22-13 07:14 PM
    The original release was known to be missing several functions that the BB version has. Most will come later this year. Sadly all I can say is its "coming soon"
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    09-22-13 07:17 PM
    Cant see them after 2 years from now on if they keep on repeating the same mistakes everytime... dont say ppl havenot given them the chance... they r responsible for their demise.. not anyone else...
    09-22-13 07:17 PM
    Didn't u get the memo, they said it was gonna be limited initially.
    09-22-13 07:18 PM
    damn that sucks to hear. This coming soon **** is hurting so bad. Like come on, hire the people you need and make it happen.
    09-22-13 07:21 PM
    Limited does not mean, u miss the main feature of any essential msg application.... half cooked to be precise... I care for BlackBerry and want them survive.. thats why I want kevin to push it to BlackBerry.
    Btw till when u keep on giving excuses abt lack of capability by BlackBerry?
    Yes I didnt read the memo.. neither my froends did.. but they all realised it quite soon that its just a hype nothing else.. 20 of them already deleted it btw....
    Bless u with ur opinions mate
    richardat likes this.
    09-22-13 07:26 PM
    I would have liked for bbry to put all of their resources either on an Android OR iOS full bbm version for initial launch. Would have most likely accomplished two things, gotten a solid product out the door and also created hype for the other platforms.

I am the first to defend bbry, but I really don't think they get it.
    09-22-13 07:27 PM
    Limited does not mean, u miss the main feature of any essential msg application.... half cooked to be precise... I care for BlackBerry and want them survive.. thats why I want kevin to push it to BlackBerry.
    Btw till when u keep on giving excuses abt lack of capability by BlackBerry?
    Yes I didnt read the memo.. neither my froends did.. but they all realised it quite soon that its just a hype nothing else.. 20 of them already deleted it btw....
    Bless u with ur opinions mate
    I think u misunderstood me, i wasn't defending BB :P
    09-22-13 07:29 PM
    What does Coming Soon mean at BB these days?

1) Next version of Chrome or Firefox coming soon;
    2) Windows 8.1 coming soon;
    3) Duke Nukem forever coming soon; or
    4) BB10 for Playbook coming soon.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    09-22-13 07:35 PM
    Oops my bad.... this is d last big effort afyer bb10.. and I dont think there is much to offer after that.. in this crucial time... they again took it so lightly...?? I mean u again screwed something which can atleast give a a last chance to survive...
    Now m rather doubtful about the decisions of thor... seriously this guy is even more bad decision maker than those past ceos...
    World dynamics are changing... even having a sucessful product, apple is getting pressurised by competetion... but BlackBerry seems to keep riding their old way...
    09-22-13 07:35 PM
    When steve jobs came back to apple, he got rid most the untalented people and replace with A players according to SJ biography, BB likes to keep the same people according to one of the employees letter
    09-22-13 07:43 PM
    They are supposed to bring BBM up to full features with time. Right now it is limited.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 07:48 PM
    They are supposed to bring BBM up to full features with time. Right now it is limited.

Posted via CB10
    They need to release ready to go applications. This half naked crap is what got them where they are now.
    09-22-13 08:06 PM
    I don't think they can because other software platforms cannot fully support all the features BBM offers.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:24 PM
    Why does it surprise anyone that BB's NOC can't handle the volume generated by Android. In the last quarter, more Androids were activated in any 2 day period than all the BB10 phones sold in the entire quarter.

1.8 million new accounts because of iOS and Android? That's more BBM accounts than there were BB10s sold in three months. Yet BB took no action to prepare servers for the volumes that were sure to be generated. I'm beginning to think this whole BBM everywhere is a cynical ploy to showcase the service for sale to someone else. They don't intend to deliver a working service. They just want to show demand to get top dollar to sell it.

Then they will let the purchaser worry about getting it working.
    09-22-13 08:55 PM
    That means I can't delete my Whatsapp just yet!
    09-22-13 09:08 PM
    iOS/Android Doesn't have Mute Option, File Sharing, or Video. WHAT?!?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1379902322.017455.jpghuh? Just mute the phone. The rest is "coming soon"

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    09-22-13 09:12 PM
    No one cares about BBM on the iPhone/Android. Look at all the blogs out there (other than crackberry and there Canadian few comrades) no ones talking about it or cares.

Posted via iPhone 5S
    If social media counts, FaceBook and Twitter did had a lot of BBM related chats. In my circles, even the haters who would never touch a BlackBerry was caught downloading the BBM on an iOS device. Of course that person denied vehemently, but, then... silly things happen. It was a fun 6 hour when Apple NZ and AUS opened the floodgates, and when the leakers opened the floodgates on the BBM .apk file too. Very, very fun. So many closet BBM supporters.
    09-22-13 09:13 PM
    alright settle down. No need to name calling
    pkcable likes this.
    09-22-13 09:19 PM
    Hate it or love it! Download it or not. When the iPhone dropped it didn't have MMS messaging because the sending pictures through email was the "Future". It didn't catch on and then the iPhone "invented " MMS. It was said from the start that it would be limited. Personally I would have charged iPhone and Android users 2 bucks for a fully all featured BBM App. It's free, now shut it! You want to keep your other messaging app of choice? Then by all means go ahead keep using it, no one is twisting your arm to download it.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:32 PM
    I want others to download for my own benefit so that I can just chat with them on my full BBM! Haha.

But, it is just not offering more than what WhatsApp is right now. Which is bad.

Hopefully the group's features will be better!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:40 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379902322.017455.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	204543huh? Just mute the phone. The rest is "coming soon"

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    I'm sure you're intelligent enough to know this is not a suitable work-around. It isn't even a work-around at all... Hangouts, ChatOn, and a multitude of other messengers allow you to mute specific conversations. This is the market BBM is walking into by going cross-platform. Competing services are already past where they are even on BB devices, never mind where they are on this feature-starved port to iOS and Android...

I don't think they can because other software platforms cannot fully support all the features BBM offers.

Posted via CB10
    Where do you people get this... patently false... information. Even using a niche messenger like ChatOn and you'll see that these competing products have pretty much exceeded the capabilities of BBM on its native platform, never mind on other platforms.
    richardat and Donvald like this.
    09-22-13 09:45 PM
    I want others to download for my own benefit so that I can just chat with them on my full BBM! Haha.

But, it is just not offering more than what WhatsApp is right now. Which is bad.

Hopefully the group's features will be better!

Posted via CB10
    They're actually offering much less.

Also, doesn't WhatsApp allow up to 50 in a group while BBM is limited to 30?
    09-22-13 09:50 PM
    Silly thread bbm is the king and everyone around the world knows it and yesterday proved it. BBM has pins and whatsapp has phone numbers. Whatsapp is glorified SMS, BBM is a lifestyle.... The average consumer does not nitpick small missing features.
    09-22-13 09:55 PM
    Yesterday I installed bbm on my iphone when it was online and working, fortunatly many of my friends also downloaded and its still working fine for them... but almost every one stopped using it after an hour or so.. reason:
    U cant mute the notification volume( we all have so many groups on wats app) we generally keep it muted. So that we can continue woth our priorities first without disturbance, thou we see the notification in icon.
    U cant share videos.. I mean this is very essential coz we all share videos(x) and so many ****s.. utube videos etc... but iys not there.
    No file sharing: even I told to everyone that good part of bbm is.. u can share files... if not videos.. so its productive for org. but wait.. bbm only supports photos in ios..
    I mean how in thos world u can say u r competeting when thw service u boasts lack almost essential features of msgng when there are good alternates available???
    Some guys will say that see unofficial launch get more than a million user in 8 hours.. but trust me.. ppl are downloading for curosity and expectation of the best msg plateform... but alas. they wont be hanging around and this time BlackBerry will screw even their best weapon by lacking essential things... ppl will download and give a try... now blackberry dont give an excuse because this time ppl give u a upper hand.. but surely they will loose this opportunity too as always...
    We all are living in a state of denial.. the main thing was.. our so called NOC is not capable enough to handle that much data or traffic....
    Ppl say wats app is a ****.. but do anyone remember when does they have outrage???
    Rip. BlackBerry u again did it ur way....
    You can't even access the file system on iphone so why whine about not being able to share files over Bbm right now? I would be more pissed off at that than bbm.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 10:03 PM
56 123