I'm the type of person who like to keep my chats open so I can keep the history of the chat. Recently, I invited a friend into an existing chat with another friend I had during a football game so we can discuss the game. After the game finished, my friend (who I've been chatting with for months) and I wanted to "kick" the invited party out so we can go back to having a normal BBM chat, which includes the infamous D and R. After the invited party agreed to leave the chat (because we couldn't eject him), we were surprised to find out that our chat was still missing the D and R, showed messages as bullet points, and still acted as a chat session that had more than 2 parties in it. It even showed "1" as the number of participants up top.

So now, we are forced to close our chat session and start a new one practically losing all of the previous history that I can simply scroll up to. Anyone else faced this issue?
    04-20-14 01:46 PM
    Do you have save chat in settings turned on, also if it's a group in the setting under group you can set the amount of days to keep.
    04-20-14 02:16 PM
    Do you have save chat in settings turned on, also if it's a group in the setting under group you can set the amount of days to keep.
    Save chat is turned off, but would that matter in my case? The chat history is still there if I scroll up in the actual chat, but that certain chat has now lost the functionality of the D and R - it still acts as a multi-chat person (more than two) even though the 3rd party has left the chat. Not a big a deal, but moving forward I'd be hesitant to invite a 3rd person into a chat I've had going with someone for a while because even after they leave, the D and R are long gone and I'm basically forced to start a new chat with that person.

It's a not a group, just a regular chat.
    04-20-14 02:55 PM
    Save chat is turned off, but would that matter in my case? The chat history is still there if I scroll up in the actual chat, but that certain chat has now lost the functionality of the D and R - it still acts as a multi-chat person (more than two) even though the 3rd party has left the chat. Not a big a deal, but moving forward I'd be hesitant to invite a 3rd person into a chat I've had going with someone for a while because even after they leave, the D and R are long gone and I'm basically forced to start a new chat with that person.

It's a not a group, just a regular chat.
    i believe if you turn the save chat on it saves all chats ,
    04-20-14 03:01 PM
    i believe if you turn the save chat on it saves all chats ,
    The chat never left, it's still there. It's just that it now acts as a group chat with a number of participants up top and messages coming in bullet points as opposed to the D and R despite having only two participants.
    04-21-14 12:04 AM
    The chat never left, it's still there. It's just that it now acts as a group chat with a number of participants up top and messages coming in bullet points as opposed to the D and R despite having only two participants.
    anything more than a one person chat is a group
    04-21-14 10:15 AM
    I really appreciate your help on this but I don't think you're understanding what I'm trying to say.

I understand that anything more than one person is a group, but my point is even when that 3rd person LEAVES the chat it still acts as a group, when it shouldn't.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 12:24 PM
    The same thing happened to me. I don't think there is any way to fix it, except to open a new chat with that person. I recommend you put it in as a suggestion to bbm from Blackberry world, facebook, twitter, or channel. Or all.
    04-21-14 12:31 PM