what do you think guys? in reality, BBM is the same as it was YEARS ago. the UI is pretty much identical minus the side menus.

what do we think?

common BlackBerry, lets add transparency, bold text, etc...
    06-16-15 10:45 AM
    I agree. I think it is clunky to navigate within it as well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-16-15 10:51 AM
    I like the design and don't think it needs much work. It's the type of app that I'd like as simple as possible.
    One of the guys on BerryFlow mentioned how he'd like to see "side-swipe" to switch through tabs or convos. That might be a thought.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2204 CB10
    06-16-15 10:54 AM
    One of the guys on BerryFlow mentioned how he'd like to see "side-swipe" to switch through tabs or convos. That might be a thought.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2204 CB10
    True. We need more features (minus the subscription lol) than having a refresh UI.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    06-16-15 11:36 AM
    True. We need more features (minus the subscription lol) than having a refresh UI.

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    yes, i think BlackBerry owners should have all subscription features included.. if you pin starts w/ a 2 or 3, you should be able to get all the benefits for loyalty.
    06-16-15 11:44 AM
    yes, i think BlackBerry owners should have all subscription features included.. if you pin starts w/ a 2 or 3, you should be able to get all the benefits for loyalty.
    Just think about it.
    If you can't convince your loyal users that it's worth it to pay for the services, that makes it seem highly unlikely that users from other platforms would be willing to pay.

Just my opinion.
    Being practical and realistic, I'd say that if us BlackBerry users didn't need to pay, then neither should others who aren't as loyal as us.

Thesmartmale likes this.
    06-16-15 11:51 AM
    BlackBerry need to make the subscription packages more appealing in my opinion, however what do I know they may sell like hot cakes.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 08:41 PM
    what do you think guys? in reality, BBM is the same as it was YEARS ago. the UI is pretty much identical minus the side menus.

what do we think?

common BlackBerry, lets add transparency, bold text, etc...
    Just don't try to imitate "Material design", please.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 03:29 AM
    If you guys check out the windows phone version, I really like their UI.

Something more similar to that would be nice.

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-19-15 05:05 AM
    if you guys check out the windows phone version, i really like their ui.

Work wide and prosper
    +1

z30/sta100-5/10.3.1.2708
    06-19-15 12:05 PM
    If you guys check out the windows phone version, I really like their UI.

Work Wide and Prosper
    Doesn't the Windows Phone version follow the design rules of the Windows Phone OS?

I feel BBM should follow the design rules of the OS it is installed on, for greater continuity and ease of use.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 01:08 PM
    Doesn't the Windows Phone version follow the design rules of the Windows Phone OS?

I feel BBM should follow the design rules of the OS it is installed on, for greater continuity and ease of use.

Posted via CB10
    Well, they are starting to do that. On Android they are redesigning BBM with material design. I never understood why BBM first designed resembling the B10 UI on other platforms? Did they think users would get familiar with BB10 UI and then transition over?
    06-19-15 03:29 PM
    Well, they are starting to do that. On Android they are redesigning BBM with material design. I never understood why BBM first designed resembling the B10 UI on other platforms? Did they think users would get familiar with BB10 UI and then transition over?
    Haha I thought that too!

Perhaps it was just easier.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 04:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I don't think it should totally copy the WP version. I was just using it as an example. I think it looks great, and could be a bit more like it.

At least the swiping through different tabs would be nice.

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-19-15 05:13 PM
    Yeah I'm totally ready for a ui refresh. If they can't fix the other general slowness, might as well make it look pretty

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 09:21 PM
    I think BlackBerry should buy Slack. Been using it for a few days, it definitely has a huge potential to become the number one online collaboration tool & messaging app.

Posted via CB10
    cvendra likes this.
    06-26-15 09:12 AM
    Was checking on UI of few core BlackBerry apps. Found out that inconsistency was pretty high. BBM is one of them. It doesn't follow the core BB10 UI concepts.

And BBM icons and placements are very confusing as well. I have had so many people confuse the timed message icon for camera. And many others keep searching for attachments icon.

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.2.440
    06-27-15 02:12 AM
    Was checking on UI of few core BlackBerry apps. Found out that inconsistency was pretty high. BBM is one of them. It doesn't follow the core BB10 UI concepts.

And BBM icons and placements are very confusing as well. I have had so many people confuse the timed message icon for camera. And many others keep searching for attachments icon.

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.2.440
    Yeah.
    I still can't get over the fact the the Browser isn't Cascades lol.
    Swipe down from the top for menu/options was supposed to be part of that UI consistency.

As far as BBM goes, as long as I get to keep my dark theme on it, I'm ok with the current UI.

06-27-15 08:43 AM
    wooow!! I think BlackBerry saw my thread!!!

I really think BBM needs a UI refresh.-blackberry-messenger-gets-design-overhaul-new-security-control-features.jpg

BlackBerry Ltd Messenger Gets Design Overhaul, New Security And Control Features

although that looks like the android version UI refresh, it looks pretty nice on the BlackBerry handset.
    06-30-15 08:12 AM
    Please tell me that god awful design isn't coming to the BB10 version...

Not sure why they're showing it on a BlackBerry device...
    06-30-15 09:37 AM