BBM has always been good, I'm not a big fan of the stickers though. Glympse is great when it works fine.

There is still a way to go to get decent functionality for everyone and I just thought of a couple massively missing for companies and group users:

BBM Active Directory auto population when using BES10 (PIN in A/D against user)

And

Glympse in Groups for all users to trace each other

Good or bad ideas?

Z10 until Z30
    04-15-14 11:24 AM
    BBM has always been good, I'm not a big fan of the stickers though. Glympse is great when it works fine.

There is still a way to go to get decent functionality for everyone and I just thought of a couple massively missing for companies and group users:

BBM Active Directory auto population when using BES10 (PIN in A/D against user)

And

Glympse in Groups for all users to trace each other

Good or bad ideas?
    The combination could be very much a "presence" / "in / out board" functionality: with GPS coordinates of corporate sites and everyone in an organization having BBM installed, it would be easy to know if someone is in the office without asking around etc.... there may be privacy issues with that in some jurisdictions, but it could be very handy too, especially with a distributed workforce, a lot of offsite work or travelling etc.

It could even be tied to the voicemail system to automatically change outgoing corporate voice mail based on BBM presence or "status" settings.
    04-15-14 12:18 PM
    I like your thinking.

Do BBM developers at BlackBerry ever pass this way? Their new eBBM would seriously benefit from this kind of functionality.

Z10 until Z30
    04-15-14 01:58 PM