I have a BBM group for my family members that I created.

Today, I reset my phone using the link software; and I found out that I have been kicked off my own group.

The BBM software has finished loading. And I have used a same BBM ID as before.

Any idea?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-15 12:40 AM
    Start a new family.

Sent from Jiggy's Priv. . . .
    BCITMike and anon(9188202) like this.
    11-30-15 12:43 AM
    I have a BBM group for my family members that I created.

Today, I reset my phone using the link software; and I found out that I have been kicked off my own group.

The BBM software has finished loading. And I have used a same BBM ID as before.

Any idea?

Posted via CB10
    Could be taking a while for it to restore. Otherwise have your family member reinvite you?
    11-30-15 08:59 AM
    Hello all !

I opted to reload this old thread because it's so much the right title for my problem, and no need for two threads with same title.

Because I experienced problems after a recent OTA upgrade of my BlackBerry Passport, I had to use an autoloader, which nuked all my data.

I reloaded from a recent backup with Link, only I lost plenty of BBM chat history and my groups (I kept looping on "attempting to reload" but it never really worked out). In the end, I solved the problem by having each group re-invite me. All but one of which I was the sole admin (and I didn't allow others to invite anyone so I can' t be invited by anyone).

Since this group looked like it would never reload, I though "hey, I'll just leave the group and the next in line will become admin and invite me" ! So I quit, but other members still see me as a member and admin. I've become a ghost of my own group and I can't even post to it anymore

I tried to restore only BBM from Link, but it only reset my recent chats but didn't restore the group.

Clues anyone ?
    08-28-18 04:09 AM
    Try getting someone in the Group to email you the QR barcode for it or send it to another phone of yours if you have one. Then scan the barcode with the phone you want to join the group with. There are posts on here where they say it removes and re-adds you if you scan the barcode.
    09-02-18 09:27 PM
    Hello all !

I opted to reload this old thread because it's so much the right title for my problem, and no need for two threads with same title.

Because I experienced problems after a recent OTA upgrade of my BlackBerry Passport, I had to use an autoloader, which nuked all my data.

I reloaded from a recent backup with Link, only I lost plenty of BBM chat history and my groups (I kept looping on "attempting to reload" but it never really worked out). In the end, I solved the problem by having each group re-invite me. All but one of which I was the sole admin (and I didn't allow others to invite anyone so I can' t be invited by anyone).

Since this group looked like it would never reload, I though "hey, I'll just leave the group and the next in line will become admin and invite me" ! So I quit, but other members still see me as a member and admin. I've become a ghost of my own group and I can't even post to it anymore

I tried to restore only BBM from Link, but it only reset my recent chats but didn't restore the group.

Clues anyone ?
    Changes to BBM Consumer for BB10 and BBOS devices:

BBM Channels will no longer be available on BB10 and BBOS devices

BBM Groups will no longer support groups with a combination of BB10 / BBOS participants and Android / iOS participants

It is recommended that multi-person chats be used when communicating with groups across BlackBerry and Android / iOS platforms. More information regarding starting a multi-person chat can be found in the knowledge base article here.

BBM Groups will continue to support groups with only BB10 and BBOS participants, or groups with only Android and iOS participants

As part of our winddown of BlackBerry World, the BBM Shop will no longer offer paid sticker packs or subscriptions on BB10 and BBOS devices though free content will continue to be available

Display pictures will not be visible between BB10 / BBOS users and Android / iOS users
    09-03-18 12:21 AM
    Try getting someone in the Group to email you the QR barcode for it or send it to another phone of yours if you have one. Then scan the barcode with the phone you want to join the group with. There are posts on here where they say it removes and re-adds you if you scan the barcode.
    It worked for other groups. Unfortunately, I had this one set to "members can't invite" so I can only invite through PIN scan. When I do, it says "invitation sent" but I never seem to receive it. Maybe because I still appear as group member and admin, even though I quit
    09-03-18 03:46 AM
    Changes to BBM Consumer for BB10 and BBOS devices:

BBM Channels will no longer be available on BB10 and BBOS devices

BBM Groups will no longer support groups with a combination of BB10 / BBOS participants and Android / iOS participants

It is recommended that multi-person chats be used when communicating with groups across BlackBerry and Android / iOS platforms. More information regarding starting a multi-person chat can be found in the knowledge base article here.

BBM Groups will continue to support groups with only BB10 and BBOS participants, or groups with only Android and iOS participants

As part of our winddown of BlackBerry World, the BBM Shop will no longer offer paid sticker packs or subscriptions on BB10 and BBOS devices though free content will continue to be available

Display pictures will not be visible between BB10 / BBOS users and Android / iOS users
    Hadn't seen that announcement. Sad ! How does Blackberry hope they'll ever make the cut if they cut themselves out from hard core user base ?
    09-03-18 03:49 AM
    Hadn't seen that announcement. Sad ! How does Blackberry hope they'll ever make the cut if they cut themselves out from hard core user base ?
    BB10 is almost EOL, and services are winding down as they had warned.

Over 95% of BBM users have already migrated to other platforms.
    09-03-18 07:22 AM
    BB10 is almost EOL, and services are winding down as they had warned.
    Over 95% of BBM users have already migrated to other platforms.
    Other platforms… and probably other apps too.
    BBM is probably below 5% of messaging apps. Why do they even care to carry it to iOS & Android ?
    09-03-18 10:38 AM
    Why do they even care to carry it to iOS & Android ?
    They don't. It was licenced to Emtek.
    09-03-18 12:23 PM