Nah, it's still not working properly for iOS. It's half funny half not funny at all, but BBM nearly caused me to break up with a girl I'm seeing who has an iPhone. I thought she was playing silly texting games and ignoring my messages for no reason...turns out it was all BBM's fault. I was amazed when she showed me how BBM works, or doesn't work, on her phone. I would have deleted it ages ago if I had an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 08:10 AM
    My issue with BBM that I have just started having is in relation to notifications of messages...

My phone will not show that I have a BBM message (anywhere! HUB or app)...the only way I can see that there is a message is to directly go into the chat and it will have the messages waiting there! Very annoying not getting the notifications! Any fix?
    07-22-14 11:21 AM
    My issue with BBM that I have just started having is in relation to notifications of messages...

My phone will not show that I have a BBM message (anywhere! HUB or app)...the only way I can see that there is a message is to directly go into the chat and it will have the messages waiting there! Very annoying not getting the notifications! Any fix?
    Assuming you have a BlackBerry (hub!?), did you check settings-notification-apps-BBM?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 02:04 PM
    Assuming you have a BlackBerry (hub!?), did you check settings-notification-apps-BBM?

Posted via CB10
    I have hub and the conversations are there but they show old messages and won't update. Only show new messages when I enter the chat

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 02:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    All settings are on

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 04:43 PM
    Seriously, sometime I miss the old bbm on BBOS. You know, the one before channels & everything. Sure, it's a great addition. But the small part that make bbm a great chatting apps is sometimes missing...well in my opinion though. For me, the one small part missing is the ability to have separate chat history for every contacts you have, and if you want you can read it in excel.. now I don't know where the save file is. Every time I turn chat history they just saving all my chats to some place, and if I want to delete chat history of one person, I must clear everything. Not like the old bbm where you can clear one person one chat history. Personally I miss that. Also the simplicity of bbm. Now it's just too crowded for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 05:00 PM
    @mphilips828
    Then I don't know what else to do, sorry.
    As long as the global & BBM app settings for LED & sound are on, this normally should work.
    07-22-14 05:01 PM
    I can confirm the problem with no icon notification on iOS has NOT been fixed.
    Just spoke with another iOS BBM friend of mine who I sent a message 3 days ago which was still on D, and she confirmed to me that it arrived, but she didn't get aware as there was no notification on the icon.

So - bug still on.
    BBM on iOS still not working properly and therefore not usable. More users will continue to abandon it. 9 months after its release.....
    07-23-14 06:12 AM
    I have a friend on iOS whom I persuaded to try BBM. We used it for a while but had to give it up when messages would get stuck in the cloud for hours, for no apparent reason. We ended up switching to Facebook Messenger.

If BBM gets fixed we may go back.

I've had no problems with people with Android.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ubizmo; 07-23-14 at 07:51 AM.
    07-23-14 06:19 AM
    I have a friend on iOS whom I persuaded to try BBM. We used it for aa while but had to give it up when messages would get stuck in the cloud for hours, for no apparent reason. We ended up switching to Facebook Messenger.

If BBM gets fixed we may go back.

I've had no problems with people with Android.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    I made the same experiences. Messages to iOS sometimes (not always!) delayed for quite a while, and then often not being noticed because of no notification on the icon.
    I have 2 Android BBM friends, and communication with them has worked smoothly so far. They also got notified instantly.
    07-23-14 06:29 AM
    I am still having BBM issues here...how do you revert to an older version of BBM? My issue is either with BBM or my HUB...I receive messages from new people, but the people who I had restored old messages from will not show a notification or update that they have messaged! I have to enter the chat to see if they messaged...

So I was thinking of reloading BBM to an older version to refresh that, and same for the HUB. How do you do this?
    07-23-14 10:43 AM
    I am still having BBM issues here...how do you revert to an older version of BBM? My issue is either with BBM or my HUB...I receive messages from new people, but the people who I had restored old messages from will not show a notification or update that they have messaged! I have to enter the chat to see if they messaged...

So I was thinking of reloading BBM to an older version to refresh that, and same for the HUB. How do you do this?
    You cannot reinstall the hub like a regular app as far as I know.
    You could install an older version of BBM, but that is also not easy, as there is no other than the most recent version available officially. If I remember correctly, there are some older threads here on CB with instructions of how to roll back to an older BBM version and where to get the components needed - however, I personally consider that too uncertain and risky.

So if you really want to 'reset' your hub and BBM to an older or the current versions, I just see the following less risky options that you could try:

Reset device (no reinstall of anything, just re-boot everything from ground up): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...device-927512/
    Or, by use of BB Link, reset the entire device to its factory standards. There is an option to do so somewhere. This will also reset BBM. Make sure to backup apps and data before resetting.
    You could then then stick to the older versions - or perform an upgrade to the latest official OS and BBM versions. This should work OTA, if your provider allows so, or also through BB link.
    Alternatively, you could try to become part of the BBM beta program - there is a new beta out since yesterday, which would overwrite your current BBM installation. But please be aware that installing a beta might resolve some issues, while producing new ones. So this is an unconventional method, up to you.

All in all, the description of your problem sounds like you having a corrupted or improperly behaving app installed, so before performing any major resetting activities, I would uninstall all suspicious apps, like e.g. Android apps or headless apps (I purchased one headless app which caused lots of troubles, and I had to quickly uninstall it again).

IF you decide to go for a total reset, I would then only very selectively re-install any suspicious apps, one by one, and always test BBM/hub behaviour, before taking the nxt step.
    mphillips828 likes this.
    07-23-14 01:21 PM
112 ... 345