Hi,
    I am relatively new to BlackBerry and bbm as I have only been using it since my wife got a q10 and I got a z10 but I like the experience of knowing once she has read my message but how can I recommend it to my iPhone friends, what does it offer apart from this that isn't already available by normal text messaging or WhatsApp?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 06:58 AM
    Hi,
    I am relatively new to BlackBerry and bbm as I have only been using it since my wife got a q10 and I got a z10 but I like the experience of knowing once she has read my message but how can I recommend it to my iPhone friends, what does it offer apart from this that isn't already available by normal text messaging or WhatsApp?

Posted via CB10
    One thing remains unique....the little R to let the user know the message has been read. WhatsApp does not offer that. iMessage lets you know it has been Delivered but not necessarily read.

WhatsApp FAQ - What are those check marks next to my messages?
    09-11-13 07:10 AM
    U can set up groups to share calender and lists (useful e.g. groceries!)

Share files (nor just media)

Share ur screen whilst in BBM video

Basically, there are claims by ppl that they buy BlackBerry phones just for BBM. How good must it be for ppl to buy a phone just for an app? "?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 07:14 AM
    BBM almost combines all the good features from other apps:
    1. Unlike FaceTime BBM will be soon cross platform (except WP8) just like WhatsApp
    2. Unlike WhatsApp BBM will feature voice and video calls just like FaceTime and Skype
    + GroupChat
    + BB Channels
    + sending/receiving HQ picture
    + Secure BBID/email invitation (not a phone number exposure)
    + Automatic Contacts restore when moved to another smartphone/BB
    + Much more stable and secure

But
    - easy PTT Call (but you can still send voice notes from cross cut menu)
    09-11-13 07:23 AM
    Thanks, the little R is the thing I enjoy but my friends don't seem to fussed about it.

Regarding facetime and pictures as they all own iphones it doesn't need to be cross platform for them to already use this functionality.

Please can you explain groups a little more , can we have a multi person real time chat either via messages or via video chat?

I might be wrong but isn't screen share just limited to Blackberry's?

I will be urging all of them to download it but I think they will be blinkered to it as Apple didn't make it.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 08:09 AM
    BBM Groups are a collection of people who all get the same message in real time. It's also convenient because you don't have to add every member as a contact: add just the group you want and you can talk with everyone in the group at once, or you can invite just specific members to be individual contacts.

Screen sharing may work through iOS and Android devices: since the cross platform release hasn't happened there's no official confirmation either way.

There's a lot of people who somehow think that only an iPhone can do anything that any modern smartphone can do: have them use BBM and they'll quickly see the effectiveness of one app to do what it takes multiple apps for an iPhone to do.
    09-11-13 11:55 AM