How do you post files, pictures and videos in group chats? The paper clip icon is there for the individual chats but not in the group chat.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 09:28 AM
    Open the group itself, not the chat. There you'll see "Pictures" at the upper right. Tap that and select "Add Picture". You can also share a picture from file manager or the pictures app. Under share, select "BBM Group", then the specific group. If you share to that group frequently, it will appear as a shortcut in the sharing "suggestions".
    Open the group itself, not the chat. There you'll see "Pictures" at the upper right. Tap that and select "Add Picture". You can also share a picture from file manager or the pictures app. Under share, select "BBM Group", then the specific group. If you share to that group frequently, it will appear as a shortcut in the sharing "suggestions".
    09-19-14 09:39 AM
    Talk about complicated. That's one area where WhatsApp beats BBM hands down.

Posted via CB10
    johnnyhead likes this.
    09-19-14 09:53 AM
    What about adding videos?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 09:55 AM
    Talk about complicated. That's one area where WhatsApp beats BBM hands down.

Posted via CB10
    I find it simple. If I have a pic open I long press > share > tap the group name. Done.
    Jammy1lve likes this.
    09-19-14 10:20 AM
    What about adding videos?

Posted via CB10
    BBM Groups don't support uploading videos. The only compalint I have about them.
    09-19-14 10:22 AM
    How do you post files, pictures and videos in group chats? The paper clip icon is there for the individual chats but not in the group chat.

Posted via CB10
    The easy answer is, "You Can't!" at least not in the way you can share in individual chats or on WhatsApp. The complicated instructions you are being given are correct but that just puts your pictures in your group page, you can't actually share it on the actual chat page like you can on individual chats. You also can't share location, files, voice notes or documents. It's sad really. I've been voicing out about this for quite some time. I hope BlackBerry listens. SOON!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 11:38 AM
    Maybe this should be in a separate post, not sure.
    Some of my friends do not use Bbm so I started 2 groups, 6 weeks ago. Whatsapp has everything, Bbm has everything except chats, and it's the chats I want.
    Can anyone tell me what's happened and how to keep them.

Posted via zedten
    09-22-14 11:38 AM
    Okay thanks. I use BBM for my team messaging and also my parent messaging. Mainly because of the calendar for scheduling. I guess I will have to just figure out another to include videos.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 11:45 AM
    Group file sharing is the worst. Need to make it the same as one on one sharing.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:43 AM
    Okay thanks. I use BBM for my team messaging and also my parent messaging. Mainly because of the calendar for scheduling. I guess I will have to just figure out another to include videos.

Posted via CB10
    Coach, I really hope BlackBerry listens! It is a great tool for exactly what you are doing, communicating with your team and parents and you shouldn't be limited to just calendar options. BBM should be complete, no excuses. Again, I hope BlackBerry is listening.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 04:14 PM
    When is BBM gonna improve the group chats? I need to be able to change the name of my group and my messages jeep disappearing.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:14 PM