When I attempt to set up BBM on the second phone, I am told that my Blackberry ID is already associated with BBM on another device and asked if I want to switch my BBM information to my current device.
    03-23-15 09:42 AM
    From what I know, and from experience, you can't have BBM active on two different devices at the same time. Not sure why though, I don't know how PINs work with BB servers.
    j2mc730 likes this.
    03-23-15 09:54 AM
    Only 1 (one) active BBM profile account can be active per BlackBerry ID. The user can have many BBMs active as long as he/she uses a different BBID on each device.
    03-23-15 10:47 AM
    Thank you. And how, then, can I change the BB ID on my 2nd phone?
    03-23-15 10:57 AM
    Thank you. And how, then, can I change the BB ID on my 2nd phone?
    You will have to do a security wipe as a minimum and then instead of logging in, create a new BB ID. You'll then have to re-download and repurchase any apps you had on your other BB ID in BlackBerry World as they were all tied to that ID. Stickers too.

Posted via CB10
    j2mc730 likes this.
    03-23-15 11:13 AM
    When I attempt to set up BBM on the second phone, I am told that my Blackberry ID is already associated with BBM on another device and asked if I want to switch my BBM information to my current device.
    Do you actually need to use BBM on both phones at the same time?
    If you only use one phone at a time you can switch it back forth. When you
    select BBM on the second phone it will just ask if you want switch to BBM to the phone. If you say Yes it happens instantly. Nothing is lost. You can switch back just as quickly.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 03:07 PM
    Do you actually need to use BBM on both phones at the same time?
    If you only use one phone at a time you can switch it back forth. When you
    select BBM on the second phone it will just ask if you want switch to BBM to the phone. If you say Yes it happens instantly. Nothing is lost. You can switch back just as quickly.

Posted via CB10
    You actually will lose your chat history. I know this isn't the end of the world for some. However, for someone like myself, I use BBM to send pictures all the time as well as exchange sensitive information and I don't always save them somewhere else. It would be nice to have back-up features within the BBM app or to be able to auto-save received pictures but, unfortunately, there is not.
    So, if you switch your account to a different device and expect everything to follow, it's a rather unpleasant thing to lose some of these things.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-24-15 10:52 PM