How is this recent news going to affect the BBM cross platform release? Have BlackBerry done enough to sabotage any potential momentum they might gain from the BBM release...whenever it shows up? I hope not, but I'm really worried BlackBerry have put themselves in a shockingly bad position heading into Q2 results.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 04:36 AM
    I've no idea what the strategy is but I think they have shot themselves. When Blackberry does something, I always fail to see the logic behind some of their decisions, and the announcement of setting up a committee before:

BBM cross platform
    Z30

is launched is a little weird.

Another CB member (can't remember thread or name) posted some fair points regarding the value of:

Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp
    of which were in the billion(s), therefore BBM going cross platform has the potential to elevate BBRY's potential value.

10.2 appears to bring some (not many but some) features that improve BB10.

So with that said, 10.2 and BBM cross platform "add value" to BBRY, and make BBRY "attractive", what Thorsten was aiming for, so prior to these two things being checked off, I cannot understand why they are exploring or listening to potential partnerships or buyouts without having these two things at their advantage.
    08-14-13 04:55 AM
    Timing in some of the "news releases" this past year is the least suspicious in some cases one has to admit... it almost looks as if there are people trying to really get the company to a stall and make it "ripe for prime time" on a "strategic alternative" application context.... and of course I do not mean the media or third party individuals.

Not saying it is the case but certainly there are moments that beg for one to start putting on the "devilish thinking" hat...

I surely hope it is not the case.
    08-14-13 04:58 AM
    "Shot themselves in the nuts" very....graphic image. lol.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    08-17-13 09:47 PM