I downloaded the update to BBM today and right away notices that the group chat issue still hasn't been addressed. Group Chats still aren't saving.

I have my group chats set to save for 30 days.

If I'm in a group chat and I end that chat when I re-open the group under the chat in the 4 tiles it will say "1 active chat" hut when I open it there is nothing there. So, it is not saving the chat.

Anyone else having this issue or does anyone else know of a fix?

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    06-16-14 04:53 PM
    just a question, why would you end the chat if you are going to re-open it?

Why not have the group chats set to save forever?
    06-16-14 07:42 PM
    I downloaded the update to BBM today and right away notices that the group chat issue still hasn't been addressed. Group Chats still aren't saving.

I have my group chats set to save for 30 days.

If I'm in a group chat and I end that chat when I re-open the group under the chat in the 4 tiles it will say "1 active chat" hut when I open it there is nothing there. So, it is not saving the chat.

Anyone else having this issue or does anyone else know of a fix?

With group chats, it doesn't save the chat history, it's the opposite. It deletes old messages. The option you are using is to choose how old group messages can be before they are auto deleted. Ending the chat as an administrator will completely remove the conversation and delete all messages... (I'm an administrator in all of my groups, so I'm not sure what happens if you are not an administrator.. but I think when you leave the chat, it deleted the chat history but the conversation remains because you aren't an admin)

If someone else is admin, leave the group and get them someone to reinvite you, the chat should repopulate
    06-16-14 07:58 PM
    Thanks guys for the answers. I will give these tips a shot.

06-17-14 09:30 AM