I use a blackberry Q10 and God knows I love this phone so much that my friends complain I never drop it for minute. I don't know for some reason I download the BBM channels from the beta zone thinking there was something different it had to offer only for it to change my BBM theme to white.. I hate the white background as the black saves a lot of battery for me cos I chat a lot on BBM from my friends and family outside America.. I need solution to go back having black theme background.. please help!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 05:41 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

Only solution would be loading the previous version of BBM.

People complained that the black theme was not good and hard to read.. BlackBerry listened... To them. Not to all Q10 users that were happy, nor all Z10 owners begging for the black theme.

Now they are thinking "what to do".

So yeah, load a previous version of BBM.
    08-30-13 06:05 PM
    How do I load? Please I need tips.. thank you for replying

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 06:09 PM
    Were can I get it and reinstall it?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 06:10 PM
    Well it's from Beta Zone, so I'd hope you still have the EXE loader files somewhere in your hard drive.

Other than that... Gets messy... Not hard but messy...

Figure out the last leak that had BBM on black, download the leak, download Sachesi, extract the apps from the leak using Sachesi and then sideload the BBM bar files.
    08-30-13 06:13 PM
    I was very unhappy when the theme became white but it has been confirmed that the option to choose the theme will be coming in a future update. When? We don't yet.

But as far as getting the dark theme back now, you'll have to do what was suggested and load an old .bar file.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    08-30-13 06:15 PM
    Have u tried factory swipe option
    08-30-13 08:03 PM
    Have u tried factory swipe option
    Welcome to the forums!

While that would get him a "fresh" old copy of BBM without channels and the black theme, don't you think it is a bit of a extreme solution?

EDIT: They listened. Things will go back to normal. And by normal, I mean they will let us choose. Source: C00014277
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-31-13 at 07:16 AM.
    08-30-13 09:53 PM
    I use a blackberry Q10 and God knows I love this phone so much that my friends complain I never drop it for minute. I don't know for some reason I download the BBM channels from the beta zone thinking there was something different it had to offer only for it to change my BBM theme to white.. I hate the white background as the black saves a lot of battery for me cos I chat a lot on BBM from my friends and family outside America.. I need solution to go back having black theme background.. please help!!!

Posted via CB10
    I'm in the same exact situation, have you found a solution to get the old standard BBM back?

Posted via CB Q10
    09-02-13 07:46 AM