I am doing a security wipe on my Q10 to see if I can fix a problem with it. In the meantime I moved my SIM to my old 9900. The BBM is setup on the 9900 and had the switch BBM option done so it worked on the 9900 earlier. When I was doing some more testing of the Q10, I switched the BBM back to the Q10. Now that the Q10 is out of action while I try to restore it, I can't figure out how to make the BBM on the 9900 the active BBM device. It was still setup, but asks if I want to re-invite the contacts, probably because the active BBM PIN got switched to the Q10.

My best guess is I have to security wipe the 9900 in order for the BBM to once again ask if I want to switch BBM to this device. I couldn't see any way to log out BBM or BBID.

Is there a way to do this?
    06-04-14 08:48 AM
    Did you get it all sorted out?
    06-08-14 04:56 PM
    I'm still trying to figure this out too. It used to work, but now between my Q10 on 10.2.1.3175 and my Z10 on the same OS, I am not able to switch.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 03:31 PM
    I had the same problem once, and couldn't find a solution other than to resetting the device either.
    I THINK this happens when moving BBM from device A to B and then back to A too quickly. There is some work on the BB servers going on during a device switch, to propagate all the information to the new device (and to the devices of your BBM friends, which have to get information on your changed pin!), and if you perform the next switch before this server work has completed, the server might get confused and stop working in an unclear/wrong state. This is clearly not right, but seems to be the way it is at the moment.
    Unfortunately I could never figure out a way of how to make sure the server work was completed. I just figured out that it sometimes seems to take just 2 or 3 minutes, sometimes up to 1 or 2 hours.
    What I learned from this? Not to move BBM from one device to another and back without waiting for 2 to 3 hours, at least.
    06-14-14 06:20 AM
    I got it sorted out by getting a Z10 while my Q10 was being repaired.

For future reference, for OS7 and earlier, you need to do a security wipe and setup BBM to be asked the switch question again.

With the BB10 devices, you can switch back and forth, just by opening BBM and if it is not the active BBM device, it will prompt for the switch.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 04:08 PM