Is there a feature like what's app where I can see which one of my contacts has bbm? Would make it really convenient to start using it.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 06:30 AM
    Is there a feature like what's app where I can see which one of my contacts has bbm? Would make it really convenient to start using it.

Posted via CB10
    No. I dont think so...

Sent via Tapatalk 2
    10-22-13 06:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Go into contacts. Tap bottom left and choose BBM contacts. (has to be active from settings) once viewing just BBM contacts, you should see suggestions top right. That is the closest thing.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    10-22-13 06:36 AM
    Go into contacts. Tap bottom left and choose BBM contacts. (has to be active from settings) once viewing just BBM contacts, you should see suggestions top right. That is the closest thing.

Thanks for that tip. Unfortunately, it's only showing me people that have blackberries. No one that has an iPhone that signed up.

I hope that changes with this cross platform launch. It's a great feature of what's app.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 05:45 PM
    That's the difference, BBM being secure and whatsapp sharing info.

10-22-13 06:50 PM
    That's the difference, BBM being secure and whatsapp sharing info.

I guess that's the difference. I'll use what's app with people that I know have it. Whereas bbm I don't know if they have it or not, so it won't get used.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 07:21 PM
    Is there really no way to find people that have bbm from my contacts list without asking them?

I have over 2300 contacts, would be nice to know if I could send them a message with bbm and help increase its usage.

Right now, even if someone I know is using bbm, we'll continue to use what's app because at the other one knows they have it.

And my suggested list from bbm hasn't changed at all before or after the release of bbm. I find that really hard to believe and I'm just assuming that android and apple bbm users are not showing up on that list.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 04:35 PM
    This is a problem with BBM, the loyalists will say it is secured. But really its a hassle to request every contact to know if they have BBM account or not if you are having an iPhone or Android you will use BBM less.
    12-24-13 03:04 AM
    Thanks for that tip. Unfortunately, it's only showing me people that have blackberries. No one that has an iPhone that signed up.

I hope that changes with this cross platform launch. It's a great feature of what's app.

Posted via CB10
    If you have the email address they used to sign up to BBM with on their iPhone in the Contact for that person it should show them as a suggested contact for BBM in Contacts \ BBM Contacts \ Suggested

It does it for me on my BlackBerry Z10.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK - Activated on BES10.2
    12-26-13 11:33 AM