So, Ive been rocking the Z30 lately but am now switching back to the awesome power of the Passport. My passport's battery has had some issues lately so I decided to wipe it and start over.

Sadly, I cannot get BBM to work for the life of me. Im using it on my Z30, and then log into my passport then it brings up the "Associating BBM with your bbid" screen. Ive tried everything I can think of, but it wont get past this screen. I even let it sit over night. Ive done soft and hard reboots, wiped it 3 different times. Even skipped the BBID log in right after a wipe and wait to open bbm and log in until after all the tutorials at the beginning. Also ive tried to log into bbm on the passport over both wifi and cell data.

Any have ANY ideas?? Ive been trying to get it to work for 24+ hours now. Unacceptable, as I cant help but think of how long it took me to wipe and reset things for my friends iPhone (about 1 hour).

My only idea is to find an older bar file and install it via sashesi.

UGH This is really starting to grind me gear..
    08-29-15 12:57 PM
    This is what it looks like.
    Desperation time. Need critical help to resolve BBM issue. associating BBM with your BBID-img_20150829_110658.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 01:25 PM
    Seems there are some recent issues with BBM. On mine the active frame doesn't work. Been doing this since update to 10.3.2.2168.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    08-29-15 09:51 PM
    Fixed! Loaded an autoloader then wiped the device then restarted until Bbm worked to migrate!! (took like 4 reboots)

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 02:00 PM
    I'm glad its fixed.
    Just for my knowledge, did you try connecting to the internet from a different source - mobile network / wifi?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 05:52 PM
    I'm glad its fixed.
    Just for my knowledge, did you try connecting to the internet from a different source - mobile network / wifi?

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Tried all of that. Basically I think the half dozen reboots fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 05:50 PM
    Glad you got it fixed. And thanks for sharing. :-)

�   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   �
    09-17-15 08:12 PM
    The actual fix is to reload the OS through BlackBerry link.
    The first time I had a problem like this is when I realized that a security wipe does nothing to fix problems. Even autoloaders end up causing more problems than usual (lots of people seem to have forgotten the earlier days of autoloaders)

OP, I strongly suggest you reload through BlackBerry link and start over even if it's 'working ' now.

Another thing to check: make sure your phone can search for OS updates.
    09-17-15 08:18 PM
    The actual fix is to reload the OS through BlackBerry link.
    The first time I had a problem like this is when I realized that a security wipe does nothing to fix problems. Even autoloaders end up causing more problems than usual (lots of people seem to have forgotten the earlier days of autoloaders)

OP, I strongly suggest you reload through BlackBerry link and start over even if it's 'working ' now.

Another thing to check: make sure your phone can search for OS updates.
    Thanks but I tried that several times in my trouble shooting several weeks ago on my macbook. Not sure if it's because the mac version of Link sucks or what but it didn't help.

Sidenote I have this issue again. I signed onto my android with my bbid and then went back to my Passport and it gives me this issue despite a dozen reboots. Unbelievable.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 11:52 AM
    Thanks but I tried that several times in my trouble shooting several weeks ago on my macbook. Not sure if it's because the mac version of Link sucks or what but it didn't help.

Sidenote I have this issue again. I signed onto my android with my bbid and then went back to my Passport and it gives me this issue despite a dozen reboots. Unbelievable.

Posted via CB10
    Did you restore anything from a backup?
    09-21-15 02:53 PM
    Did you restore anything from a backup?
    Nope.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 11:22 PM
    Resolution per BlackBerry support: it's a hardware issue with my passport so I need to get a replacement through the warranty.

FYI in case anyone has the same issue!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 11:22 PM