This is so weird.
    I finally have BBM working. So what you say?
    Well I have a BB Curve 9320 but live in a remote area with too little coverage to justify the 15 dollar per month data charge and BBM will not work without BIS data. (or BBM social) So I do have a BB wifi only Playbook but of course there is no app in BB World to use on Playbook. No problem, I received an android Galaxy Tab 3 for Christmas and downloaded droid app but it doesn't work on wifi only Tabs. So in complete desperation I take out my old 4G Apple iPod Touch and download the app from the demon Apple store for free and you know the rest of the story.
    I now get BBM for free over wifi on my Apple iPod Touch, something too expensive for my BB Curve phone and technically impossible for my BB Playbook.
    I'm happy and depressed at the same time. Can't blame this on app developers (like Skype) as BB is the developer. Is anyone at Blackberry paying attention?
    01-27-14 10:13 AM
    What is there to blame on anyone? That's how legacy BBOS devices work.

Well, it is ridiculous that there's no PlayBook app, I'll grant you that!
    01-27-14 10:24 AM
    Paying attention to what? From your post, BBM seems to be working as designed. BBM will work on WiFi/Mobile Network with the BB10 devices, Android, and iOS devices. Yes, BBM will work over WiFi on your GTab.
    01-27-14 10:27 AM
    I certainly am no techie but fail to understand why legacy wont work with BBM over wifi while an apple iPod can.
    Also there is very little carrier support left for these devices as far as data, for instance I am not allowed to get a pay as you go data plan for BBOS.
    Just Saying
    01-27-14 10:59 AM
    Who are you with? Latitude or something?
    01-27-14 12:27 PM
    Who are you with? Latitude or something?
    Virgin, coverage in Yukon is just a spec, just like most of Canada.
    Mobile Nation only in theory.
    01-27-14 12:33 PM
    Paying attention to what? From your post, BBM seems to be working as designed. BBM will work on WiFi/Mobile Network with the BB10 devices, Android, and iOS devices. Yes, BBM will work over WiFi on your GTab.
    Actually Google Play Store says bbm not compatible with my device. I have down loaded it a week ago but could not make it work so deleted and now wont come up on a search either. My tab is wifi only.
    01-27-14 06:51 PM