Is there any interest in BlackBerry user land to have SMS/MMS come into BBM?

I remember when the push for Hangouts came out on Android, it was highly requested that texts come through to the Hangouts app and UI. They were still texts but had the look and feel and they were all through the one app.

I realize that with the HUB and toasts this may or may not be as important for us BlackBerry users. What do you guys think? Have BBM as the main handler of multiple types of messaging and rid of the SMS (or other) app?

emPowered by ?
    06-05-14 03:29 PM
    That personally wouldn't interest me. I wouldn't want it unless it was only optional.

My reason is that they already are consolidated... in the Hub. I go to the actual BBM app only when I need to, i.e. only when doing something I can't do from Hub. BBM is already borderline cluttered. (I would like to see option to separate BBM Channels into another app/icon!)
    Otherwise, the Hub manages by BBM and Text Messages, along with WhatsApp, Twitter, LinkedIn, Skype (debatable), and of course emails.

IMO spending any BBM development efforts on this type of feature should be prioritized way down the list after BBM for Windows Phone, BBM Video for all, BBM Groups enhancements, etc.
    06-05-14 04:03 PM
    In BBOS you can do that already in BBOS
    06-05-14 04:07 PM
    In BBOS you can do that already in BBOS
    Yes very true. I meant to mention that but forgot, so thanks!
    06-05-14 04:37 PM