See here:

Join a BBM channel - User Guide - BBM - 10.2

The clue lies in the line:

"Tip: If you copy the channel PIN into another app, people with BBM can preview or join the channel."

--------------------------

See my comment on the MWC14 article by CB Kevin:

They do. Work. With a workaround. Still haven't found where to simply enter a Channel PIN In BBM to preview and join in a simple way. Anyone more info on that? BB help on the website sheds no light on that.
    The Channel PINs are not tappable in the BB10 browser nor show up when using the search box in BBM (entering the PIN in the search box will yield no result, just words and names will). Hope that gets addressed. Guys, let the BBM team know.

Workaround:

Android Central - C0020FBEA
    CrackBerry - C00012B19
    iMore - C001515A0
    WPCentral - C0048A83E
    Smartwatch Fans - C00476F97

Paste that into an SMS and send it to yourself or a friend, and suddenly the Channel PINs become clickable / tappable.

Even if you try to post it in the CB app, it becomes clickable / tappable before you hit post. When posted, it seems unusable again.

Blackberry needs to make Channels searchable and findable by Channel PIN. Doesn't seem to be the case yet. Urgently needed, or Channels won't take of anytime soon.

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    02-23-14 05:15 PM
    Agree, especially as channels have been rolling out to other mobile platforms, need to ensure people have 1st hand impressive users experience
    02-23-14 05:50 PM
    I agree it should be searchable and clickable!
    02-23-14 05:51 PM
    Channels need a little fine tuning,they gotta fix this ...There was an article by Bla1ze...Feb21...The BB Innovation Community...That would be a great place to vent ..I am going to sign up tomorrow and make some waves.
    02-23-14 05:55 PM
    Subscribing... I see some people have figured it out... but, to me it's a great mystery when I try to post my Channel PIN in the comments of a post (when asked... not out of the blue)... and it would attract so many more followers if that PIN was a hotlink to my BBM Channel.

I don't understand the trick.
    02-23-14 06:02 PM
    Channels need a little fine tuning,they gotta fix this ...There was an article by Bla1ze...Feb21...The BB Innovation Community...That would be a great place to vent ..I am going to sign up tomorrow and make some waves.
    Thanks, Jojo. I am running out of time here, gotta do some work now. Thanks for making the issue known where it counts.

02-23-14 06:10 PM
    Subscribing... I see some people have figured it out... but, to me it's a great mystery when I try to post my Channel PIN in the comments of a post (when asked... not out of the blue)... and it would attract so many more followers if that PIN was a hotlink to my BBM Channel.

I don't understand the trick.
    Send a text message to yourself on your BB10 phone, and the Channel PINs turn blue and become a hotlink. Just a workaround for now.

This is an ommission and should be made to work anywhere on a BB10 phone, and the CB app.

02-23-14 06:13 PM
    Click on my signature.. am I a wizard?

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    02-23-14 06:45 PM
    Click on my signature.. am I a wizard?

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    Thanks FrankIAM. Not everyone is able to integrate or even remember the BBMC protocol as a link.

That's a handmade link, I assume. You didn't do that by using any integrated functionality of the app or your BBM phone, right?

We would like to see that integrated into the BBM sidebar menu, or some other option. Or the phone, whether in apps, browser, TXT, BBM or anywhere else should just recognize BBM channels and convert them to links. Most users will not be able to put the

"bbmc:CH4NNE1NUM8ER"

b b m c : CH4NNELP1N (typed out to make it visible and prevent conversion)

in there. A lot of people don't even know what "http:" is, or type in regular a URL web link into a browser.

(edit: a few typos)

02-23-14 09:47 PM
    Send a text message to yourself on your BB10 phone, and the Channel PINs turn blue and become a hotlink. Just a workaround for now.

This is an ommission and should be made to work anywhere on a BB10 phone, and the CB app.

That didn't work for me. It was highlighted blue in the txt... I copied it. pastes it in to a Channel Comment. But it didn't hot link

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 10:05 AM