Can you have a BBM account on your iPhone and on your iPad using the same Apple ID?
    Thanks.
    12-31-13 02:29 PM
    I'm guessing you mean BlackBerry ID.

But no, it isn't possible to have the same BBM account on more than one device. That even applies if you are using multiple BlackBerry devices.

Each BBM account and friends list has to be tied to a separate email account which is tied to your BlackBerry ID. So for two devices, you will need two email address and two BlackBerry IDs and that will give you two different PINs and friend lists.

It is one of the things about BBM they should think about fixing as it is rather handy to be able to take your friends and conversations with you among multiple devices.
    21stNow and Edrian Villa like this.
    12-31-13 02:37 PM
    I'm guessing you mean BlackBerry ID.

But no, it isn't possible to have the same BBM account on more than one device. That even applies if you are using multiple BlackBerry devices.

Each BBM account and friends list has to be tied to a separate email account which is tied to your BlackBerry ID. So for two devices, you will need two email address and two BlackBerry IDs and that will give you two different PINs and friend lists.

It is one of the things about BBM they should think about fixing as it is rather handy to be able to take your friends and conversations with you among multiple devices.
    I agree. You should be able to use your BBM from whatever device, provided you downloaded the app.
    12-31-13 03:23 PM
    The inability to use one BBM account on multiple device is a deterrent for me. I use a lot of different devices and wouldn't want to have to restrict BBM to one device if I were going to use BBM on a regular basis.
    Last edited by 21stNow; 12-31-13 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Fix typos
    Saiga and Protocol 2001 like this.
    12-31-13 03:29 PM
    The inability to use one BBM account on multiple device is a deterrent for me. I use a lot of different devices and wouldn't have to restrict BBM to one device if I were going to use BBM on a regular basis.
    That describes my situation exactly.
    12-31-13 03:55 PM
    This is annoying for many people. Does anyone know when/if an update for BBM will be released to solve this issue?
    01-04-14 04:14 PM
    This is one of my problems with BBM app.
    09-16-16 08:48 AM
    The inability to use one BBM account on multiple device is a deterrent for me. I use a lot of different devices and wouldn't want to have to restrict BBM to one device if I were going to use BBM on a regular basis.
    You can actually, except that it will sign off from the other device once you signed in with the same id. Only one id can be active at one device at one time.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-27-16 05:38 AM
    You can actually, except that it will sign off from the other device once you signed in with the same id. Only one id can be active at one device at one time.

Posted via CB10
    This seems to have gone, the sign in is no more working when I switch between different BlackBerry devices all having the same BlackBerry ID. Now BBM chats are only possible from one device, earlier this though used to work - switching from PP to Q10 and to Classic...

Or is there a trick to this, that I missed?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 08:06 AM
    This is annoying for many people. Does anyone know when/if an update for BBM will be released to solve this issue?
    It's a not an "issue." BBM associates you with the device PIN, not your phone number. The system allows you to connect with people without sharing phone numbers or, for that matter, requiring the use of your phone number in the system at all.

BBM users with multiple devices use multiple BlackBerry IDs, often with the device name in the ID, e.g. "Beavis on Classic."

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    10-01-16 08:19 AM
    I switch between multiple BlackBerry devises using the same BlackBerry ID

BUT since a few weeks can only use BBM on one device, it stopped working on the others, even it opens, I cannot send and receive msgs anymore AND this use to work earlier always!!!

BlackBerry please fix this!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 10:38 AM
    I switch between multiple BlackBerry devises using the same BlackBerry ID... BUT since a few weeks can only use BBM on one device, it stopped working on the others, even it opens, I cannot send and receive msgs anymore AND this use to work earlier ...
    Check out Dear Berry: How do I seamlessly switch devices regularly? | CrackBerry.com

In particular, note that "If you switch devices too many times an error that you have exceeded the number of PIN changes may appear. In this instance created a new ID may be best. Though Sachesi does allow you to backup the bar files on your device I do not know if they will switch to a Q and I cannot guarantee compatibility. Update: There are 15 slots available for device switching, including the PlayBook. If you receive this error you can contact BlackBerry to delete the old devices / reset your account / clean up the PINs."
    10-01-16 06:54 PM
    Thanks!
    Just send BlackBerry support an eMail, with the request to reset my pins - will post here when done...

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 10:13 AM
    If you are using currently one android phone, in one BBM, u can sign in using number and in another with mail id. So u can use 2 BBM at the same time without switching

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 02:38 PM
    I think anyone who needs to be on BBM using two devices concurrently needs to get a T-shirt with the words "Xtreme BBM!" or "BBMbi-dextrous".

Unless, of course, you are in Florida at this time and reporting on the damage in your area.

Blackberry should follow the Google method and automatically port contacts and conversation threads over to what ever device you are logged on to. The account should be tied to a Blackberry domain email account (if only to have a common login id for the different platforms).

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 10:14 PM