Hey guys,

So I think I've got an idea that makes sense.. So first of all let's start with Channels, I've been actively using Channels recently and what I've noticed is it has potential to grow to the point where Schools use it for general information for students, or to be an active information feed for news.. Let's suppose it becomes a great solution for information (Which it has by still being in beta and adding more quality channels before public launch) that means that everyone needs BBM and it's cross platform.. Sorry WP8, not.. So not only does that address the fact that people are saying that it is no longer at the top of app stores (most downloaded, top rated, etc.) but it also means they can start using that app page under a contacts profile.. If you look at what BlackBerry has done, they've developed an app called Games, and has developed "Connect to BBM" I think that they can use this to their advantage and make that cross platform too, that means Apple's Game Center (not sure if Google has one but if they do go with developing for WP they can make Xbox rankings obsolete) Anyways if they do do this, they can "force" devs to develop games for BlackBerry as well

Posted via CB10
    merv69 likes this.
    11-25-13 02:35 PM
    BBM has potential written all over it!

It's like a wrapped Christmas present from a rich aunt....
    11-25-13 02:56 PM
    Never thought about the use of it for schools.....interesting.
    11-25-13 02:57 PM
    +1 on that Jaydee...
    BBM has immense potential... and they should get one for the ubiquitous laptops also
    11-25-13 03:01 PM
    Everyone at my school uses an iPhone...

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    11-26-13 10:33 PM
    Everyone at my school uses an iPhone...

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    It's awesome to be unique.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 05:28 AM
    Hey guys,

So I think I've got an idea that makes sense.. So first of all let's start with Channels, I've been actively using Channels recently and what I've noticed is it has potential to grow to the point where Schools use it for general information for students, or to be an active information feed for news.. Let's suppose it becomes a great solution for information (Which it has by still being in beta and adding more quality channels before public launch) that means that everyone needs BBM and it's cross platform.. Sorry WP8, not.. So not only does that address the fact that people are saying that it is no longer at the top of app stores (most downloaded, top rated, etc.) but it also means they can start using that app page under a contacts profile.. If you look at what BlackBerry has done, they've developed an app called Games, and has developed "Connect to BBM" I think that they can use this to their advantage and make that cross platform too, that means Apple's Game Center (not sure if Google has one but if they do go with developing for WP they can make Xbox rankings obsolete) Anyways if they do do this, they can "force" devs to develop games for BlackBerry as well

Posted via CB10
    The "connect to BBM" and "Game Center" features of BB10/BBM are among the most annoying of all of BlackBerry's follies. Please, for the love of all things holy, let these not be an example of things to come.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:44 PM
    I agree with Benjamin - not too into the Games app example, not a really a fan but taken out of the context of games there could be a possibility I may re-think it.

To another point you made regarding BBM Channels being used for Schools - that is totally a great idea and BBM has the potential for that. BBM has a lot of potential and hopefully they will maximize it all. Once they get BBM Channels going cross platform that will be a big step.
    11-27-13 09:22 PM