I'm worried that if they don't hurry up and add some features to BBM On ios and android, the initial interest will fade. They need channels on there so they can sell adverts and generate some cash. They need video so they can differentiate. If they wait too long they will stagnate and all those early adopters will leave. Then when they finally launch channels cross platform there won't be enough of a base to attract advertisers.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 10:59 AM
    That is one view but the other is that, more than speed, they need to make sure that when this rolls out it is as flaw free as possible. Perfect is not a goal any company can meet but pushing a product or service out before it is as ready will be more harmful than a delay.

If they release a feature rich product that users are mostly happy with. advertisers see the value of and the reporting media cannot poke holes in that will serve them much better than just getting it out the door for the sake of trying to capture market share.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-08-13 11:10 AM
    Heck they need to make it quit shutting itself down too. I cant keep my android and ios friends connected to send msgs dependably.
    12-08-13 11:20 AM
    What they need to do is ADVERTISE!!!!! The average person doesn't know that BlackBerry is still around. I sell phones and own a Z10 I love it but I'd be surprised if one of my customers could identify it. This is a apple/android world, and BlackBerry hasn't done anything for change that. The Z10 is a good device and it's a shame that it's going to waste like this. The HDMI port is a plus but a lack of Netflix and or Hulu makes it not matter. BBM video is cool with a lot of good features but a lack of BlackBerry users in the US make it useless.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 10:25 PM