Hello,
    I haven't seen this topic yet. I am also new to the forums so forgive me if I have not done this correctly.
    I'm looking for a faster way to call BBM contacts directly. One thing I loved about the legacy BlackBerry OS was that once you linked your BBM contact to your BlackBerry contact you could simply press the phone button and choose from the numbers you had stored. I'm rocking a Z10 and the only thing I seem to be able to do that is similar is opening the BlackBerry contact app from within the BBM contact. Has anyone found a more direct way on their Z10?
    Thanks,

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 07:02 AM
    I either do it directly through BBM, or call up my contact list, pick the contact and then choose BBM voice or video chat.
    07-23-13 08:05 AM
    But let's say you are having a BBM chat & they want you to call them. Let's also assume they aren't on wifi and are using a legacy OS. So I used to just click on the phone button and right from BBM I could call their home, work or mobile number. Doesn't seem to be that easy anymore.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 10:01 PM
    The "fast" way is to touch their display icon, press open in contact....not really fast and only works if the contact's PIN and phone number are linked to the same contact. I miss that fast calling feature.
    07-24-13 10:10 PM
    I'm pretty sure they will create the option to do this once BBM is cross-platform.
    An implementation like other VOIP apps directly in the address book so you can pick between calling through your carrier or calling through BBM Voice should be a no-brainer.

Maybe even an automated process. Here's how I see this happening:

BBM detects 3G or WIFI and enables the BBM Voice and Video options, when a user wants to call someone else who has BBM and 3G/WIFI, it detects the amount of times the 3G/WIFI signal dropped in the last 3-5 minutes with both parties involved. If less than 2 it initiates a BBM Voice call, if more than 2 it initiates a carrier call....
    07-30-13 03:51 AM
    Try this as an alternative.
    Open contact app- swipe right - select BBM - drag the screen right to give you "split screen " exposing the contacts "HUB" and locking BBM as the open pane. Swipe up and leave active or close it (it will open up in the last view you had selected) , and when in BBM, you want to choose the method of communication, swipe out of BBM - contacts - pick contact and call method. Don't know if this will help you, but It works well for me.
    BlackBerry 10 BBM and calling contacts directly-img_00002276.png
    BlackBerry 10 BBM and calling contacts directly-img_00002272.png

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:05 PM
    Doesn't apply, but did you know the fast alarm set function on your Z? The pic is a screen shot while my finger touches and holds on the red dot. Then drag around the clock to the near instant alarm time. I love it. I actually set alarms more often now cause its so easy.
    BlackBerry 10 BBM and calling contacts directly-img_00002277.png
    BlackBerry 10 BBM and calling contacts directly-img_00002278.png

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 09:19 PM