One thing I worry about with bbm going cross platform are the people who broadcast everything all day long. I personally don't use it but I remember when it was "send this message to 50 people or you will die" and other useless crap that would get broadcasted. I would like it keep that for important information like, check out my new channel or perhaps even a funny joke or even real amber alerts. I know that's not going to happen when you have 100 plus people. So what are some of the things you think is good BBM etiquette? It would be nice if we could have some sort of guidelines to go by for the masses.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 04:40 PM
    Hahaha

I remember those times...

They should delete the broadcast function, it was kinda annoying indeed

I'm not allowed to post my pin in my signature anymore...
    09-18-13 04:42 PM
    The option to turn it off would be awesome. Or perhaps just to block broadcasts from some people you don't want to hear it from.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 04:51 PM
    Yea indeed, an option in your settings that you cannot get bc.
    But I think when you don't want them you should also not be able to senf

09-18-13 04:52 PM
    I can agree to that. I'll just update my bbm to say "don't broadcast me Bro"

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 04:55 PM
    I never broadcasted myself. I'll be using it to hook back up with some others on bbm until the Z30 comes out on Sprint.
    09-18-13 07:57 PM
    I hate broadcasts and will swiftly tell someone to cut the mess or just delete them.

I definitely think that there should be a way to exclude yourself from BCs or the feature should be gone for good.

Posted with a flick of my thumb via CB10
    09-18-13 09:52 PM
    One thing I worry about with bbm going cross platform are the people who broadcast everything all day long. I personally don't use it but I remember when it was "send this message to 50 people or you will die" and other useless crap that would get broadcasted. I would like it keep that for important information like, check out my new channel or perhaps even a funny joke or even real amber alerts. I know that's not going to happen when you have 100 plus people. So what are some of the things you think is good BBM etiquette? It would be nice if we could have some sort of guidelines to go by for the masses.

Posted via CB10
    Broadcast Messages are from a time before Social Networks became prevalent. If you feel the itch to broadcast, status update on Facebook or Tweet instead. I don't want them. I get Amber Alerts from the Government. I don't need them from BBM or any IM application that supports Broadcasting.

They should have a setting to ignore both Pings and Broadcasts.
    09-18-13 11:55 PM
    I think the broadcast feature is useful but some people have no chill.

I hated getting the ones that said if you don't forward the broadcast you'll lose all emoticons or that you'll lose access to BBM.

I'd love to see a on/off function for broadcasts.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    09-19-13 09:21 AM
    My brother was the worst for sending me that stuff. I had to tell him "you know that's not real right?" give him **** for sending it to me, then he would send me another one the next day.. smh

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 02:36 PM

Likely had more to do with your wildly inappropriate and racist comment in your signature than having your pin there…
    09-20-13 10:33 AM