I was really excited about sharing animated gifs between friends and new contacts (on iphones and androids), but that doesn't appear to be supported.

Am I right in saying so?
    10-28-13 03:41 PM
    Good question. Haven't tried yet. Hmmm.
    KyKyMobile25 likes this.
    10-28-13 06:01 PM
    I was really excited about sharing animated gifs between friends and new contacts (on iphones and androids), but that doesn't appear to be supported.

Am I right in saying so?
    Yea my gifs are all buggy. Some of the files work, most of them don't.

I can't believe this isn't addressed. I've had this problem since the very first 10.0

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 11:26 PM
    When it comes to gif's on iPhone and Android you can click on another person's display and set as your dp. Do not save and try to use as display it does not work.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 03:45 AM

Am I right in saying so?
    In my experience they do work - you just have to request the HQ version first. BBM compresses any image you send by default and as a result this flattens the GIF (ie disables the animation). To see it fully animate you will need to request the HQ file by long pressing on the thumbnail and tapping the HQ icon.

I hope that helps.
    justdotdotdot likes this.
    11-03-13 05:54 AM
    In my experience they do work - you just have to request the HQ version first. BBM compresses any image you send by default and as a result this flattens the GIF (ie disables the animation). To see it fully animate you will need to request the HQ file by long pressing on the thumbnail and tapping the HQ icon.

I hope that helps.
    Oh! That's right! I suspect that is the case.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 10:30 AM
    I have just confirmed that "Request HQ" does not work to send an animated Gif. The file is still stripped of any animation going cross platform.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 04:19 PM
    Yup, sent animated BBM "stickers" to my wife's iPhone, only to find out later that she only saw static images. I have not tried asking her to request HQ, and I wont bother, because it's more than I really want her to have to go through just to see a silly animated smiley or something.
    Oh well...
    11-06-13 04:27 PM