I was wholly excited for BBM to go X platform, mostly so I could voice call people. There is nothing about voice in the manuals, though. Another fail.

I hadn't expected it to come initially with BBM Video, but at very least BBM Voice

My gf thinks I love my Z10 more than her... she's on to me.
    08-22-13 01:55 PM
    I was wholly excited for BBM to go X platform, mostly so I could voice call people. There is nothing about voice in the manuals, though. Another fail.

I hadn't expected it to come initially with BBM Video, but at very least BBM Voice

My gf thinks I love my Z10 more than her... she's on to me.
    Yep, I am kind of bummed about it too. I want BBM to become # 1 instant messaging tool. But to compete with likes of WhatsApp, it needs to offer several compelling advantages. Not just behind-the-scene advantages (like secure communication) but real, in-your-face, usable advantages. Like BBM Voice, BBM Video, BBM Channels and BBM Screen Share.

If they offer those things on X-Platform BBM, they'd easily be become better than WhatsApp, Skype (for the most part) etc.

But X-Platform BBM with support only for 'text chat' seems very underwhelming to me.
    campbecw likes this.
    08-22-13 02:16 PM
    Those documents where mistakenly put out and they are VERY outdated. So no promise that voice and video will be their at initial launch but you can't say that it's a fail just yet.

We only saw screen shots of the initial setup process for BBM and some small home screen views of BBM. So without screen shots, people talking about it, or anything of sorts we really can't talk about it not having certain features yet.

The beta was given out to a very small select few who qualify with a specific phone and are on specific carriers, etc, etc.

Point being is you don't know anything about the beta and we haven't had leaks yet... BlackBerry is being very secretive about the launch and feature availability of their new cross platform service, so I'd advise you to wait and see what new details surface before the launch, before saying features aren't going to be there at launch.

Remember we started seeing BBM for Android screen shots and pictures pop up as early as 2011

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 07:17 PM
    Those documents where mistakenly put out and they are VERY outdated. So no promise that voice and video will be their at initial launch but you can't say that it's a fail just yet.
    That's NOT true. Because on Page 2 of 17 of the Android BBM document, on lower right corner, it said:
    Code:
    Published: 2013-07-30
    SWD-20130730124958121
    So, they were only ~ 3 weeks old.
    08-23-13 08:14 PM
    That's NOT true. Because on Page 2 of 17 of the Android BBM document, on lower right corner, it said:
    Code:
    Published: 2013-07-30
    SWD-20130730124958121
    So, they were only ~ 3 weeks old.
    A lot changes in 3 weeks. All I'm saying is let's not come to assumptions before getting a little more detail on the newer builds they are working on.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 09:58 PM
    From what the press release said Voice, Video and Channels will be added " . . .later this year . . ." BBM to go cross-platform this summer!! | CrackBerry.com so in appropriate BlackBerry fashion it will be late. . . definitely would have made more of an impact if it dropped with all of these functions in tact but what can you do . . .
    08-23-13 10:13 PM
    Later this year, sounds like BlackBerry 10 on the Playbook, later this year...just saying...couldn't resist
    08-23-13 10:18 PM