BBM in my z30 is working only on wifi. The "great" thing is that my friend on a Android device and with the same carrier as me can use it with no problem. I have only one question does anyone that is working for BlackBerry having this problems? I don't thing that i'm the only having this issue because I saw a lot of posts like this.
    Any help please, what can I do to solve this.
    Thank you.
    01-07-15 02:41 PM
    Have you enabled calling over your carriers signal in the settings?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 02:48 PM
    Can you help please how to do this?
    01-07-15 03:11 PM
    Your carrier is probably amongst one of the few still trying to monetize on BlackBerry.

BlackBerry allowed the carriers to decide if access to use BlackBerry infrastructure should be a free service or not.

Some carriers decided to charge a fee for it, and you might have to have a BIS subscription added to your subscription. For some reason BlackBerry devices are "filtered" but not Android and iPhones.

Call your carrier and ask how they handle BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 03:17 PM
    Can you help please how to do this?
    There is no BIS for the Z30. Legacy only.
    Open BBM, swipe down from the top bezel to access the settings page. You should have the option to "Allow calls over the mobile network". Turn it on. If you don't see it, check to see if you have the latest version from BlackBerry World.

HTH

BBM working only in wifi z30-img_20150107_165516.png

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 03:59 PM
    Hello. The settings were as you described. I think is another problem...
    01-07-15 05:08 PM
    Hello. The settings were as you described. I think is another problem...
    Pardon me. For some reason I thought you wanted to call on your cellular network, which I gave instructions for, but you couldn't do it anyway with your friend yet.

It's hard to know what's wrong with the limited information provided. But I would recommend restarting your device first to see if that helps. That should have been the first thing I recommended. Sorry.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 05:18 PM
    There is no BIS for the Z30. Legacy only.
    Open BBM, swipe down from the top bezel to access the settings page. You should have the option to "Allow calls over the mobile network". Turn it on. If you don't see it, check to see if you have the latest version from BlackBerry World.

HTH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150107_165516.png 
Views:	254 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	325936

Posted via CB10
    Technically you are right. As BlackBerry partner and system integrator through many years I know a bit about what was discussed with carriers around the launch of BlackBerry 10.

Some carriers still wish to monetize on BlackBerry and thus blocking BlackBerry 10 devices from accessing the BlackBerry Infrastructure unless you have an additional BlackBerry subscription. Luckily it is rare.

There are other threads with similar issues. OP should call his carrier and ask if that might be the problem.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 05:50 PM
    01-09-15 05:52 PM
    Technically you are right. As BlackBerry partner and system integrator through many years I know a bit about what was discussed with carriers around the launch of BlackBerry 10.

Some carriers still wish to monetize on BlackBerry and thus blocking BlackBerry 10 devices from accessing the BlackBerry Infrastructure unless you have an additional BlackBerry subscription. Luckily it is rare.

There are other threads with similar issues. OP should call his carrier and ask if that might be the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Technically right about what? If you mean BIS not being available for BB10 devices, I know I am right. Not technically. Throwing out a title or position like that, you should know that as well.

As far as people having limited data plans or access to certain features, I never disputed giving the carrier a call at all, so I'm not sure what you're trying to explain to me. If there are issues with a purchased device, I see no issues with calling to troubleshoot a non-working function or device. Maybe that should have been done by the OP before even creating a thread here. Who knows....

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 10:03 PM
    We have exactly the same issue in Hungary with the Telekom.hu (ex T-Mobile) network. They won't allow to use the blackberry.net APN without the BIS option, which is kinda ridicolous. And BBM simply doesn't work with the carrier's standard APN (afaik it's some kind of routing issue).
    On the top of that, they have nationwide 4G network, but with this APN, the network only allows 3G connection.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 11:21 AM
    @Renwick Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately carriers invested quite a lot in providing BlackBerry solutions and monetized this by selling BIS and BES subscriptions.

A few carriers did not want to let go of the turnover so BlackBerry 10 devices without a BIS subscription were blocked from accessing the BlackBerry Infrastructure.

Bad decision for BlackBerry and BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 03:59 PM
    Technically right about what? If you mean BIS not being available for BB10 devices, I know I am right. Not technically. Throwing out a title or position like that, you should know that as well.

As far as people having limited data plans or access to certain features, I never disputed giving the carrier a call at all, so I'm not sure what you're trying to explain to me. If there are issues with a purchased device, I see no issues with calling to troubleshoot a non-working function or device. Maybe that should have been done by the OP before even creating a thread here. Who knows....

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10 does not depend on BIS. That's what I meant. BIS subscription is used by a few carriers to "unblock" access for BlackBerry 10 devices to the BlackBerry Infrastructure.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 04:01 PM
    BlackBerry 10 does not depend on BIS. That's what I meant. BIS subscription is used by a few carriers to "unblock" access for BlackBerry 10 devices to the BlackBerry Infrastructure.

Posted via CB10
    As stated... Some carriers have limited data plans or carrier dependent services. It would not be a bad thing for the OP to call his carrier to see if his plan is provisioned for whatever services the OP is trying to utilize.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 04:14 PM