We need a complete overhaul in BBM. Hopefully in 10.3 it comes for BlackBerry, iPhone, windows, and android. Channels needs 15-20 second video and needs to have its commenting system updated. I wonder if the BBM team is working on this or just new stickers.

Posted via my BeastBerry Z30
    06-29-14 10:46 PM
    Stickers

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    06-29-14 10:50 PM
    It's all about the stickers man!
    06-29-14 11:34 PM
    In 10.3 you (probably) get new UI. Bugs and everything else stays same.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 11:46 PM
    To,

Mr. John Chen & BBM Product Developement Team

Hello Sir, I am Parthiv Shah (MS in Telecommunications from University Of Maryland, College Park, USA). I have been a very big fan of Blackberry and have always wished it to be a "large" Mobile Play in the world. I am from India a land of more than billion people & a very important destination for Blackberry and BBM in particular.

Below are a few very simple to implement BBM improvement suggestions which I feel shall go a long way to help BBM to kickass Watsapp and attract new users:

1) Emoticons: Somehow the user experience of BBM Emoticons is not as enjoyable as the one on Watsapp. Also the Emoticon tray needs to be well arranged. Watsapp has done a great job of categorizing Emoticons and many like "folded hands" are very well received in Emerging Markets. Also Emoticons of BBM are hardly visible once posted on chat especially on Android or IOS devices. Example a blinking smile emoticon can hardly be visible. We need to work on cleaning this as these emoticons are very important to keep users engaging. Must say Watsapp nails this! Also why can't we insert the same emoticon or multiple emoticons like we can do in Watsapp? Its very annoying to press the emoticon tray open button in BBM each time when we insert them simultaneously or continuously.
    Suggestions: Can we have "Animated Emoticons"? This shall do great and Watsapp does not have it as yet. Example a Blinking Animated Emoticon or a Kiss Emoticon can be visualized a lot better if they are animated! My 2 cents..

2) Copy/Paste: Why can't we do multiple copy and paste in a chat? I hate this in BBM. I many a times have to copy paste multiple chats. But I am unable to do so like we can do in Watsapp. Same goes for Photos & Videos.Copy Paste needs to improve very fast for BBM to do well.

3) Group Chat: Why can't we post pictures and videos directly in the group chat window. Its very annoying and destroys my chat experience when a photo shared in a group has to be viewed in a separate place. Why can't the picture or video be seen in the same place where the chats are done. Again this is one more things which Watsapp does better.

4) Last Seen: It would be a great feature to have last seen on chat feature for BBM. This could be enabled or disabled per users wish.

5) Fonts Size: An option to give flexibility in font size would be amazing. Making sure that BBMs chat experience is not compromised. For which a pre-set small , medium & large option can be given. Frankly I find BBM fonts for Android & IOS very small & at times hard to read when I have a long forward or chat message.

Sir please don't mind me comparing with Watsapp but they are market leaders. And the ones I have suggested are small changes that I am sure shall go a long way to get back many users to BBM. Also animated emoticons can be a huge hit if we can implement with using less resources.

Also an humble request to not send many BBM updates at short notices as very few people remember to download an update so best to try & get all these features and then send over a major update.

Thank You,

Parthiv Shah
    Email: [email protected]
    06-30-14 12:06 AM
    We need a bunch of bug fixes to the other platforms. Not just a UI change.

Posted via my BeastBerry Z30
    06-30-14 11:38 AM
    I agree with everything you said but particularly number 3 and number 4!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 07:51 AM
    5) Fonts Size: An option to give flexibility in font size would be amazing. Making sure that BBMs chat experience is not compromised. For which a pre-set small , medium & large option can be given. Frankly I find BBM fonts for Android & IOS very small & at times hard to read when I have a long forward or chat message
    Definitely agree with this one!!!!
    07-13-14 07:58 AM
    Please no "Last seen"!

Posted via CB10
    Neo Angelo and Mr_F like this.
    07-15-14 10:22 PM
    What I dislike after the last up date is sometimes, even during a chat on going , the BBM was stopped, saying that isn't working. , everything white, no chat, channels or contacts. Nothing, like the servers wasn't functional.
    Another issue, this being permanent , is a jerky opening of a chat, every line or what you've discussed already with your contact appears after a half second time and looks old and without a nice motion flow. Please repair it.

Proudly Z10 owner
    07-15-14 10:37 PM