How are people dealing with owning two BlackBerry devices and the annoyance of not being able to keep one BlackBerry ID for both?

It's a huge inconvenience having a Z30 and Passport when you use both interchangeably and have others trying to get in touch often. I am not going to ask them to add me twice, because that's silly, and will mean them having to try me on both IDs - not ideal.

I'm sure others have been a bit irritated by this. How are you handling it?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 06:13 AM
    We cool with it. Just set up two BB id's. One for each device and have all the same contacts on both.
    03-05-15 06:20 AM
    How are people dealing with owning two BlackBerry devices and the annoyance of not being able to keep one BlackBerry ID for both?

It's a huge inconvenience having a Z30 and Passport when you use both interchangeably and have others trying to get in touch often. I am not going to ask them to add me twice, because that's silly, and will mean them having to try me on both IDs - not ideal.

I'm sure others have been a bit irritated by this. How are you handling it?

Posted via CB10
    You can have a single BlackBerry ID for both devices. BBM will not work at the same time on both units. (why would you want it to? anyway) However, when you start using the other device, just open BBM and sign into your account. By the way, you need to select the switch option.

BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2480
    03-05-15 06:30 AM
    Isn't there some kind of limit to the amount of times you can do that?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 06:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry man, I'm not sure about that.

03-05-15 07:00 AM
    Thanks! Hopefully BlackBerry will allow it on two devices before long anyway. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    tan_okan likes this.
    03-05-15 07:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think there may be a limit on the number of devices you can sign in to using a BlackBerry ID, not the number of devices you sign in to BBM on which is a different thing.

That limit may not exist anymore, it's been a while since I've heard of anyone hitting it. If it does you'd hope it would be just a limit on the number of concurrent sign ins over multiple devices so if you sign out of one it frees up a slot for another. I think you had to contact BlackBerry to have something reset on your ID if you hit the hard limit on device sign ins, could be wrong.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2267 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5
    03-05-15 07:21 AM
    Well BBRY doesnt want you to carry more than one phone obviously and if this is not true than this is an omission of a grand scale.
    03-05-15 07:59 AM
    Sorry man, I'm not sure about that.

There was....back in BBOS era. not sure about Bb10.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 09:24 AM
    I'm, of course, talking about carrying two BlackBerry devices. My Passport isn't the phone I want to take out to a nightclub because it doesn't fit as well in my back pocket while I'm executing my advanced dance moves.

Posted via CB10
    jaimebarillas likes this.
    03-05-15 09:50 AM
    I would suggest you create a group chat with both of your devices and parties that you want to chat with. Not ideal but it's an option.
    03-08-15 09:47 PM
    Last I saw, it was something like 15, but that was in the context of switching at the device level. I used to do the two different BBIDs and created a group that contained both id's so I got messages on both devices at once. It worked and wasn't painful.

This time around, I'm trying out using one BBID on two devices. I did the "Switch BBM" and it worked. I've got two issues with it though:

1) Chat history did not carry over to the new "current" device
    2) I had to resend passphrases on all BBM chats and BBM Protected Groups. (BBM Protected status carried over though. That was good to see.)

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 01:39 AM
    You BlackBerry ID is linked not just to your BBM but to your app purchases as well. I have read somewhere that this is going to change in the future and you will be able to keep both BBM on more than one device

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:16 AM
    Yes, it's also the app purchases or stickers packs that I wish I had on both. Hopefully something soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 04:49 AM
    Best comment I've read in months ...

Exact situation... without the advanced dance moves... I'm leaning to have two BBM ID's, but probably I won't enable Whatsapp in the "less" used one, or to use some other apps.
    03-13-15 09:43 AM