Anyone else seeing significant random non-delivered BBM msgs today, Oct 31? I am using native BBM on OS7.1, and about one in ten msgs is not getting delivered at all. It's as though they are getting skipped over completely! And yes, I have done a battery pull.
    10-31-13 01:16 PM
    I'm just getting delays when it's trying to send a message. Not bad, but noticeable.
    10-31-13 01:21 PM
    All my messages to eight iOS users (mix of 6x and 7x) were sent and received in a timely manner and as expected. Only quirk we encountered was that I would see a gray checkmark even though the messages were delivered and appeared as lock screen notifications on their devices. As they read the messages from their lock screen, I was left unsure of whether the messages were even delivered.
    Last edited by adamlau; 10-31-13 at 01:35 PM.
    10-31-13 01:24 PM
    OK, I was curious if anyone else was experiencing drops/losses. Mods can close the thread or move it outa here.
    10-31-13 02:02 PM
    Messages to ios not delivered. 2 to US and 1 to UK (from Canada)
    10-31-13 03:40 PM
    Working fine here.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 05:50 PM
    Messages to ios not delivered. 2 to US and 1 to UK (from Canada)
    If by not delivered you mean you are just getting a grey check mark, then those actually are delivered and the iPhone user is getting a notification. The reason you don't see the "D" is because they have either force closed bbm or haven't used it in some time. It is still delivered and will change to a "D" on your phone once the person decides to check their notifications.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 05:58 PM
    Thanks for that explanation
    11-01-13 07:12 AM
    Anyone else seeing significant random non-delivered BBM msgs today, Oct 31? I am using native BBM on OS7.1, and about one in ten msgs is not getting delivered at all. It's as though they are getting skipped over completely! And yes, I have done a battery pull.
    I'm having the exact same problem here and even my friends have the same problem, it's annoying and I assume it's a server load from all the new users
    BBM System Problems Today?-img_00003096.png

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 07:28 AM
    If by not delivered you mean you are just getting a grey check mark, then those actually are delivered and the iPhone user is getting a notification. The reason you don't see the "D" is because they have either force closed bbm or haven't used it in some time. It is still delivered and will change to a "D" on your phone once the person decides to check their notifications.

Posted via CB10
    Incorrect, random speculation.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 08:26 AM
    This is the correct thread for this discussion, in which I accurately identified the problem and have been aiding BlackBerry in finding a solution:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=864125

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 08:27 AM
    After updating to 10.2.0.424 from my service provider all my gif's don't work the same anymore. Not too happy with this at all, since that's how I advertise my work. Anyone else has this issue?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 08:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Obviously you have no idea about how bbm on iphone works, what the person said is 100% true and you can try it on an iphone yourself. What you said in your thread is about messages never getting delivered like the pic I posted above, two completely different issues.

Posted via CB10
    Danny Ocean likes this.
    11-01-13 09:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    I thought that is when I get the "R"?
    11-01-13 09:12 AM
    Obviously you have no idea about how bbm on iphone works, what the person said is 100% true and you can try it on an iphone yourself. What you said in your thread is about messages never getting delivered like the pic I posted above, two completely different issues.

Posted via CB10
    Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about. You cannot say with confidence that if I see a gray check that that means the iPhone user got a notification. Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. All the gray check means is that it was delivered from your phone to BB;'s servers.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 09:16 AM
    Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about. You cannot say with confidence that if I see a gray check that that means the iPhone user got a notification. Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. All the gray check means is that it was delivered from your phone to BB;'s servers.

Posted via CB10
    I know what I'm talking about and I know what you mean but 99% of the time messages get delivered to an iphone when it only shows a grey tick ( unless the app is open) and the other 1% is they never getting delivered like the pic I posted above ( that contact uses an iphone btw) and that can be identified if the next message you send gets a D and the previous one doesn't as shown in the pic.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 09:31 AM
    I know what I'm talking about and I know what you mean but 99% of the time messages get delivered to an iphone when it only shows a grey tick
    Source?
    11-01-13 10:00 AM
    The only issue i've been having for a couple days now is with a newly created channel i just joined.half the time i get an audible/vibration notification and half the time don't .

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:49 AM
    Source?
    I'm the source lol, of course the 99% is a number I made up but I already explained above how to know if it wasn't delivered at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 11:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Test it and find out. I did with my wife's iPhone as well as 2 other friends. Not random speculation at all actually.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-01-13 01:48 PM
    Test it and find out. I did with my wife's iPhone as well as 2 other friends. Not random speculation at all actually.

Posted via CB10
    True that. I tried it on a few iphones and the result was the same.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 01:51 PM
    I'm experiencing the same grey checkmark with no "D" delivery notification when I send messages to iPhone users. Eventually it goes through though. Not sure if BBM doesn't mark it delivered when the message is being read from the lock screen. That's a possibility.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 11:47 AM
    I'm experiencing the same grey checkmark with no "D" delivery notification when I send messages to iPhone users. Eventually it goes through though. Not sure if BBM doesn't mark it delivered when the message is being read from the lock screen. That's a possibility.

Posted via CB10
    No, it's not a possibility. It's not being delivered.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 11:59 AM
    This is the correct thread for this discussion, in which I accurately identified the problem and have been aiding BlackBerry in finding a solution:

Posted via CB10
    Your kinda snarky their Ben lighten up a little bud, not everyone is a tech wizard

Posted by the Zed 30 of rockivy
    11-02-13 12:34 PM
    Is anyone else having issues with bbm. Today I'm on Telus and all me sent bbm either to BlackBerry or xbbm show the grey sending little box no check and no red clock

PROBLEM RESOLVED CARRIER ISSUE...

Now back to our regular programming...

Posted by the Zed 30 of rockivy
    Last edited by rockivy; 11-02-13 at 01:32 PM.
    bowlerboy450 likes this.
    11-02-13 12:35 PM
39 12