Dear users I need your support about BBM.

Device: Bold 9900

I started to have an issue with my bbm 2 days ago. After sending a message it was marked by a red tick (not cross). Bbm was able to receive messages but was unable to send any. I reinstalled bbm and the real problem appeared. It hangs at blue screen "setting up bbm" after signing in with BlackBerry ID. BIS works fine, other services with BlackBerry ID also (protect, world etc.). I tried the same BlackBerry ID at different device (Bold 9700) and everything was perfect. Getting back to 9900 and the same problem.

That is why I assume:
    BlackBerry ID is not an issue
    BIS/carrier is not an issue

Maybe it is sth wrong with PIN? But what? Please help!

further history of the problem (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BBM-for-BlackBerry/Can-receive-BBM-but-can-t-send/td-p/2652957/page/2)
    11-04-13 01:59 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry...

The only thing I can think of is to change your bbid at https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/ temporarily to a fresh new address never seen by the system. After successful login change it back
    11-04-13 02:06 AM
    Try signing into BlackBerry app world on the 9900 with that ID. See what it does. If it works then try BBM. Meaning in BlackBerry World access the payment config screen so that it asks for your BlackBerry ID login.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    11-04-13 02:11 AM
    Unfortunately it didn't work (change e-mail under blackberry id website).

In appworld (payment) it works fine.

Generally everything works fine except bbm. Blackberry help have been silent for 2-3 days (twitter account).

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 12:37 PM
    It is definitely sth wrong with PIN number as in another BlackBerry (9700) it works fine with the same BlackBerry ID.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 12:56 PM
    The following was posted on another forum:

I have found a solution!!!!!!!

I wrote to BBM support and recieve this reply:

"Based on the information that you provided, the issue you are experiencing should be resolved by following the steps.

1. Install the latest version of BBM Channels from BlackBerry Beta Zone, https://blackberry.com/beta.

Cause.

The device previously had BBM Channels beta installed and is now using a production version of BBM"

1. I had to sign up to BB beta - I had to do this via a computer as I got a "not available in your country" error message when I tried to do it on my phone.

2. Once you have sucessfully registered with BB beta and confirmed your email go to the 'Programs' tab and register to take part in the BBM Channels programme.

3. Select the correct version for your OS

4. You will recieve a link to download the app. Clink on the link from your phone to download. Phone then reboots.

5. You will recieve a code to authorise the app once you have downloaded. - (to be pasted into the bit where you agree T&C when you start up BBM)

I didnt uninstall the broken BBM v7 before, i just installed on top and agreed to any replacing of modules

Ta-dah! (worked for me anyhoo)
    11-05-13 12:04 PM