I just kinda stumbled on this BBM Meetings app.

After reading the detalis I saw it said available for Android an iPhone. I was like whoa....so this means i can video chat with my non Blackberry friends....right. Well....not unless you fork out I believe $12.50 per month(Not certain about the price)....but all users have to pay....WTF.

I have to admit I am really disappointed in that. I know Blackberry as to monetize alot of things to generate revenue...but I have been waiting soooo long for a cross platform BBM. Then Blackberry decided...NO...we are going to create a separate app and call it BBM Meetings...for all the professionals and businesses to have secure collaborations...blah blah blah. So I said...okay..sounds okay...I'll go along.
    Now to realise that everyone has to pay to use it...I mean..really...with all the FREE video conferencing apps out there like Skype, Tango etc.

They could have made it such that only 5 users or so are free and pay for more...I could live with that...but Geez.
    01-13-15 07:37 AM
    only the host needs a paid account. Free to join a scheduled meeting!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 07:42 AM
    only the host needs a paid account. Free to join a scheduled meeting!

Posted via CB10
    Okay...but still....
    01-13-15 07:45 AM
    See:
    BBM Meetings Much More Than Video Calling | Inside BlackBerry

WebEx = $49.99 per month
    GoToMeeting = $49.99 per month, iOS/Andriod only mobile option.
    Join.Me = $19.00 per month, iOS/Andriod only mobile option.
    01-13-15 07:47 AM
    Okay...but still....
    But still what?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 07:51 AM
    But still what?

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't they have it so that the regular folk can join in on the BBM video conferencing functionality...without having to worry about a cost? Hence my 5 user suggestion. I guess based on the link provided by DaFoxGrey above...it's really only meant for the "modern mobile professional".. But what percentage of whats left of the existing BBM user base falls into that category? I pulled up Google Play and looked at the comments...most basically say...yes that like the idea...but not willing to pay.

It looks like they are going up against GoToMeeting and the like and not the Skype and Tango users. I admit , this does fall in line with the strategic plan outlined by John Chen....I guess I'm just feeling a little left out.
    jope28 likes this.
    01-13-15 08:08 AM
    You are obviously missing what BBM meetings is. You may want to click the link above and educate yourself. It's not video chat for the everyday user. It is an app which allows for multiple person meetings to occur on your smartphone. BBM Video which is something completely different, has not been released for cross-platform BBM yet. I expect some headway with this now, as Meetings as been launched.
    01-13-15 08:14 AM
    You are obviously missing what BBM meetings is. You may want to click the link above and educate yourself. It's not video chat for the everyday user. It is an app which allows for multiple person meetings to occur on your smartphone. BBM Video which is something completely different, has not been released for cross-platform BBM yet. I expect some headway with this now, as Meetings as been launched.
    Yes, i did read the link and educated myself...and i better understand what BBM Meetings is for.

I was under the impression that BBM video was not going cross platform and the video conferencing part was going to be replaced by BBM Meetings...

I'm still under that impression....but I'm happy if I'm wrong....as it means there is still hope
    01-13-15 08:19 AM
    Yes, i did read the link and educated myself...and i better understand what BBM Meetings is for.

I was under the impression that BBM video was not going cross platform and the video conferencing part was going to be replaced by BBM Meetings...

I'm still under that impression....but I'm happy if I'm wrong....as it means there is still hope
    Right on! I personally still believe that BB will launch BBM Video for all. They are just prioritizing their engineers to where they can make money. If they can do it in Meetings then in my simple mind it should be easily coded over into BBM.

Keep the hope
    01-13-15 08:25 AM
    just let all your buddies to have BBM - you will be able to chat with all of them.
    BBM video for other platforms is comming soon I believe
    01-13-15 08:35 AM
    Compared to other similar meeting services, BBM Meetings is priced very cheap, and after having used it since launch, I am very pleased with how they put it all together and features available. Yes there are still more I want to see, but I believe this is coming in the future. BBM Meetings is a professional full meetings service, and also have call-in feature from regular phones etc...

Currently BBM Meeting accepts up to 25 participants, and only the Host would need the paid license. It is free to participate
    so if you want to compare costs, compare 25 user plans with:

Adobe Connect
    GoToMeeting
    WebEx

BBMMeetings is 1/10th of the cost of some competing systems
    sk8er_tor and trinichindian like this.
    01-13-15 08:43 AM
    Compared to other similar meeting services, BBM Meetings is priced very cheap, and after having used it since launch, I am very pleased with how they put it all together and features available. Yes there are still more I want to see, but I believe this is coming in the future. BBM Meetings is a professional full meetings service, and also have call-in feature from regular phones etc...

Currently BBM Meeting accepts up to 25 participants, and only the Host would need the paid license. It is free to participate

Adobe Connect
    GoToMeeting
    WebEx

Good stuff. I guess you're e one of those "modern mobile professionals" blackberry is targeting.

Just hope they don't forget the everyone else.

Zwiped from my Zed, Awaiting 10.3.1...
    01-13-15 09:09 AM
    do the attendees have to first download/install bbm meetings? or can they just join a voice call in progress?
    01-13-15 11:01 AM
    do the attendees have to first download/install bbm meetings? or can they just join a voice call in progress?
    If you want voice only, you can simply call in to one of the numbers provided, and use meeting number (&password if host optet for that)
    01-13-15 11:24 AM
    I agree with the OP. When BBM Meetings was announced, I thought it looked great for enterprise users and was happy they had another product to monetize, although, as time went on I became increasingly frustrated that there was no free consumer version. I'm definitely still hoping that they are going to bake this into BBM soon!
    trinichindian likes this.
    01-13-15 11:43 AM

Adobe Connect
    GoToMeeting
    WebEx

Yes but they need to offer an unlimited time "free tier" account (5 people meeting limit?) for people to try it as part of their work flow. Once they see the value and get used to it, they will eventually need to have a larger meeting and gladly pay.

Another thing they need to add is the ability to subscribe on a month-to-month basis (right now it is an annual subscription). Something like $19.95 for a month without the annual commitment.

These two things are very basic 2015 internet service pricing options that most prospective users have come to expect.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 11:46 AM
    My theory is when they start making enough money on paid services like Meetings, the free service will come. A 5-user limit cheap option would be great too.

$1.99 a month for up to 5 user Meetings would be nice...
    01-13-15 12:33 PM
    I understand that you've to pay for this service. The problem is that I did a registration on the BlackBerry website to order this product but after 2 hours searching and trying to buy this product without the possibility to order this product I gave up.

Also no possibility to chat, mail or call customer care.

Did somebody actually successfully bought this product? I am very interested to use this instead of my Webex...

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 04:11 AM
    I understand that you've to pay for this service. The problem is that I did a registration on the BlackBerry website to order this product but after 2 hours searching and trying to buy this product without the possibility to order this product I gave up.

Did somebody actually successfully bought this product? I am very interested to use this instead of my Webex...

Posted via CB10
    I posted a reply on your original thread about this. Hope it helps.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 07:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Check out @bbmmeet on twitter for ordering details. I have posted this before to try and help folks find it.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 10:26 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=990896

Here is my conclusion In short... no availability for the Netherlands I think and no communication from BlackBerry on my request...

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 10:56 AM
    I am still waiting on any sort of free trial. Gotta see if we can just buy it and expense it as a test.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 08:36 PM
    Now it came pre-installed with 2558 and I can't use it

Zwiped from my Zed/10.3.1
    03-18-15 05:07 PM
    I don't think BBM Meetings is a big success. I cannot find any reviews from users or press. It seem to be a nice feature which I wanted to pay for but I can't simply order it.

Also no response of trial or mail at sales division of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 04:38 PM
    See:
    BBM Meetings Much More Than Video Calling | Inside BlackBerry

WebEx = $49.99 per month
    GoToMeeting = $49.99 per month, iOS/Andriod only mobile option.
    Join.Me = $19.00 per month, iOS/Andriod only mobile option.
    These options make BlackBerry Meetings, look more attractive.

Problem with BlackBerry, the things they excel at they've not promote well at all in my opinion. With all that has been out we are not shown countless examples of video live quality. Which out performs some top choices. BlackBerry needs to know that they are known for business. Those not interested in business need to look at BlackBerry as QUALITY. It's not that BlackBerry services are lagging behind, Z10 was released 2yrs ago now. That phone still better than most new phones coming out, minus enhanced hardware. BlackBerry will take yesterday's tech and make it look first rate. It's why I stayed after I witnessed the Z10 performance against higher-end models at the time of release. Now I have a Z30, I'm not impressed with what other high end models because the z30 is good.

I use my cousin's phone, I play with them, see how they do, and their is nothing out there for me that is beyond good. Now I have BlackBerry assistance, and for some reason I continue to think it will fall behind other competitors in this region, but the update makes it irrelevant to think BlackBerry can't get better or better then the rest.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 05:20 PM
26 12