I am slowly pushing BBM out to my family and friends. I was having my sister install BBM on my nephews iPod Touch so he could chat with family members that don't have iMessage, which is a majority of them. I was thinking that this would be a good way to force some people to use BBM.

I am not with the device, but she told me it states it needs GPS to work and it won't work.

Any ideas or anyone who can confirm whether it will work on an iPod Touch or not?

Posted via CB10
    lexor1969 likes this.
    10-21-13 08:42 PM
    It only works on cellular ios devices. Wi-Fi iPods and iPads will not work.
    10-21-13 08:56 PM
    That's what I figured the problem was. Seems kind of stupid if you ask me, but whatever. BlackBerry's loss. That would have literally forced a minimum of 10 people with cellular devices to use BBM, just because of one user on an iPod.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-21-13 09:02 PM
    I wanted it on my wife's iPad. Wifi only, so no go...
    It doesn't make sense to me either that bbm will work via wifi, but can only be installed on celluar capable devices.
    kbz1960 and solitude1984 like this.
    10-21-13 09:08 PM
    Could someone try this method and let me know if it works?

http://www.digisecrets.com/apple/how...out-jailbreak/

Posted via CB10
    ltlowe likes this.
    10-21-13 09:18 PM
    I loaded BBM on my kids ipad mini wi-fi only. Go to the app store change the selection to iphone only and search bbm for iphone. Set it up and it works fine.
    lexor1969 and Kobe Barksdale like this.
    10-21-13 09:39 PM
    That's what I figured the problem was. Seems kind of stupid if you ask me, but whatever. BlackBerry's loss. That would have literally forced a minimum of 10 people with cellular devices to use BBM, just because of one user on an iPod.

Posted via CB10
    BBM is meant to be an always connected, reliable means of communication. The idea is that everyone always has their cell phone on them at all times which means a BBM message will almost always reach the recipient asap. With WiFi only devices, messages could wait in limbo for days sometimes. This would cause people to stop using BBM as a reliable means of communication.

Don't ever expect BBM to go to Wifi only devices without some sort of work around.

Posted via my Z10
    jcraig likes this.
    10-21-13 10:27 PM
    I loaded BBM on my kids ipad mini wi-fi only. Go to the app store change the selection to iphone only and search bbm for iphone. Set it up and it works fine.
    This didn't work for me, when I try that it says "this device needs GPS". Can you post a screen shot of your ipad mini running BBM?
    10-21-13 10:43 PM
    Sorry not the best pictures but it's early here. It works fine so far.

BBM on iPod Touch-20131022_073412_resized_1.jpg
    BBM on iPod Touch-20131022_073404_resized_1.jpg
    10-22-13 07:31 AM
    BBM is meant to be an always connected, reliable means of communication. The idea is that everyone always has their cell phone on them at all times which means a BBM message will almost always reach the recipient asap. With WiFi only devices, messages could wait in limbo for days sometimes. This would cause people to stop using BBM as a reliable means of communication.

Don't ever expect BBM to go to Wifi only devices without some sort of work around.

Posted via my Z10
    So it's always connected on your phone you always have. Who cares if it isn't always connected on your tablet? I guess that makes all the IM apps that will work on wifi only worthless.
    curvezzz likes this.
    10-22-13 07:41 AM
    But your iPad wouldn't be associated with the same account on your phone. Each one would have a different pin.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 08:34 AM
    Sorry not the best pictures but it's early here. It works fine so far.
    Did you download to an iphone that uses the same apple ID as the ipad first before downloading it on the ipad?
    10-22-13 09:34 AM
    Nope he has a separate apple id. I did download it to an old iphone without sim, different account but linked in itunes I think. Really, itunes confuses me with multiple family accounts and id's.

It does work though.
    10-22-13 09:45 AM
    Nope he has a separate apple id. I did download it to an old iphone without sim, different account but linked in itunes I think. Really, itunes confuses me with multiple family accounts and id's.

It does work though.
    Did you download it to the iPhone without the sim first and then the ipad mini? I'm sorry for all the questions! It's just that my friend is leaving the country soon so it would be so awesome if I could stay in touch with her.
    10-22-13 10:23 AM
    I will try this tonight.

Install WhatsApp On iPod Touch and iPad Without Jailbreak [How To]

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 11:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry's loss? It's more like your friends who have cheeped out and bought iPADs with WiFi only, it's their loss!
    10-22-13 11:03 AM
    10-22-13 11:04 AM
    Did you download it to the iPhone without the sim first and then the ipad mini? I'm sorry for all the questions! It's just that my friend is leaving the country soon so it would be so awesome if I could stay in touch with her.
    I downloaded it to my iphone without sim first - my apple id

downloaded it to my wives iphone - her apple id

downloaded it to my sons ipad mini - his apple id

I did these all directly from the devices, no itunes. I believe all our accounts are shared on itunes. I used the same email to jump the line to register with blackberry but their own email to set up blackberry accounts.

hope this helps
    Kat0908 likes this.
    10-22-13 12:18 PM
    BlackBerry's loss? It's more like your friends who have cheeped out and bought iPADs with WiFi only, it's their loss!
    It's my nephew who is 9 and has an iPod Touch. Most people chat with him over iMessage and I was going to convert them to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    gschep and Brandon Orr like this.
    10-22-13 03:56 PM
    I downloaded it to my iphone without sim first - my apple id

downloaded it to my wives iphone - her apple id

downloaded it to my sons ipad mini - his apple id

I did these all directly from the devices, no itunes. I believe all our accounts are shared on itunes. I used the same email to jump the line to register with blackberry but their own email to set up blackberry accounts.

hope this helps
    Thank you for taking the time to post your process. I'm just trying to figure out what the winning combination is to get BBM on the ipad.
    10-22-13 06:00 PM
    tried steps at http://forums.crackberry.com/bbm-ios...90/index2.html
    But when I launch BBM, it freezes. So it doesn't work for ipod
    10-22-13 09:44 PM
    I'm stuck on getting the ipa into the ipcu

AT&T Z10
    10-23-13 01:51 AM

Install WhatsApp On iPod Touch and iPad Without Jailbreak [How To]

Posted via CB10
    It does i now have bbm installed on my ipad 3 wifi only
    10-23-13 04:01 PM
    Outta curiosity, where in the App Store do you change the selection to iPhone only?? I'm not an iGuy lol and can't seem to find that anywhere
    10-23-13 04:06 PM
    Outta curiosity, where in the App Store do you change the selection to iPhone only?? I'm not an iGuy lol and can't seem to find that anywhere
    I'm quite sure it only applies to iPads, not iPods. You can choose to re-download an iPhone app that you purchased by opening the App Store, going to "purchased," clicking "iPad apps" on the top left and then selecting "iPhone apps" from the little menu that pops up. I'm using iOS 7 by the way. I think it was slightly different on iOS 6, but it was still at the top of the "purchased" page that you would switch. You can try it out with your iPod and tell us if it's there (obviously the "iPad" option won't be there, but perhaps "iPod").

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-23-13 04:18 PM
164 123 ...