A friend of mine had BBM on iOS in the past but then deinstalled because he was so upset with quality and handling.
    Now, many months later, I could talk him into giving it another try, as quality and handling got so much better, blablabla.....

WHen inviting him, I found that there were 2 PINs for him that were proposed to me to send the invitation to, and of course I sent it to the wrong one first, meaning that the invitation ended up somwhere in nirvana.

Only the 2nd invitation to the other PIN worked. This other PIN is also the one that shows in my phonebook, the other one doesn't. But it always shows in BBM when wanting to invite him to a group etc.

Apparently, this other PIN was left over from his first attempt with BBM many months ago, and did not get deleted from the BBM servers when he uninstalled. He did not change his phone since then, and he cannot remember if he used a different email ID to register for BBID.

I did not find a way of getting rid of this other ID, which does no longer seem to work, but still exists somewhere in the BBM universe. Of course I am concerned about my friend and others starting to invite themselves again - and not getting any response ever, because of sending the invitation to the wrong address.

This would ridicule BBM a 2nd time, and this time I think I will not be able to win anyone back, ever. Does somebody know how to get rid of a 2nd PIN, which is no longer in use?
    08-20-14 07:41 AM
    He created two BlackBerry ID's

When he removed BBM, the BBID is not removed. The old PIN is assigned with the first email he used to sign up for the first ID. To delete the first BlackBerry ID refer him/her to this link
    08-20-14 07:50 AM
    You have more than one email address saved for the contact? Those would be his bbid's
    08-21-14 12:37 AM
    Why is BBM responsible for someone who cannot remember what he did? I mean, seriously!?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 12:52 AM
    Why is BBM responsible for someone who cannot remember what he did? I mean, seriously!?

Posted via CB10
    Do you have the slightest clue of how many millions of smartphone users do not know nor remember what they did on their phones and how and when? This is why a smart producer of phones/apps has to make everything ***** proof, in order to succeed. I mean, seriously.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 04:56 AM
    He created two BlackBerry ID's

When he removed BBM, the BBID is not removed. The old PIN is assigned with the first email he used to sign up for the first ID. To delete the first BlackBerry ID refer him/her to this link
    I also suspected him to having created 2 BBIDs. But I referred to the BBM PIN, because this is the thing that creates trouble. I hoped there is an easy way of how to delete an old PIN that is no longer in use.

However, in the meanwhile he figured out that he used the same email id to register for bbm a 2nd time. So there is only one bbid but 2 BBM PINs. And I am still afraid that all the others who he was connected to, and now will try to reconnect to, will see 2 PINs and pick the wrong one.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 05:02 AM
    I also suspected him to having created 2 BBIDs. But I referred to the BBM PIN, because this is the thing that creates trouble. I hoped there is an easy way of how to delete an old PIN that is no longer in use.

However, in the meanwhile he figured out that he used the same email id to register for bbm a 2nd time. So there is only one bbid but 2 BBM PINs. And I am still afraid that all the others who he was connected to, and now will try to reconnect to, will see 2 PINs and pick the wrong one.

Posted via CB10
    From my experience that is not possible to happen in the first place.

Check his contact in your Contacts app, how many emails are saved?
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-21-14 05:07 AM
    From my experience that is not possible to happen in the first place.

Check his contact in your Contacts app, how many emails are saved?
    One

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-21-14 05:15 AM
    Ask him to delete the uninstall BBM, BlackBerry ID, install BBM again and sign up using the same email address.

I think this should solve any issue
    08-21-14 05:20 AM
    Ask him to delete the uninstall BBM, BlackBerry ID, install BBM again and sign up using the same email address.

I think this should solve any issue
    I'm not sure this would solve any issue - why is BB keeping 2 different PINs for 1 BBID in their databases? And why would both go away if one de-registers the only ID that seems to be working?
    But basically, you are right, and this is exactly what I would try to do, if it was my phone and my PIN(s).
    I just don't think I want to do this with people who have abandoned BBM in the past, after they became very upset over its lack of reliability and its comparably not user friendly operation. And who I succeeded to talk into giving it another try, after claiming that everything is fine now and so much better.

So I was hoping for someone to know a trick of how to just delete the 2nd unwanted PIN, without major hassle like having to ask people who are not really interested in following a (for them) rather complex procedure, with doubtful result.

Anyway, apparently I'll have to live with that, thanks for your input.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-21-14 07:55 AM
    No..
    Jeez..

Open your address book
    HIE MANY EMAIL ADDRESSES DO YOU HAVE SAVED TO THE EFFECTED CONTACT???
    08-21-14 09:15 AM
    No..
    Jeez..

Open your address book
    He said before just one
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-21-14 09:27 AM
    No..
    Jeez..

Open your address book
    Again, for the reading impaired: one.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-21-14 09:29 AM
    Again, for the reading impaired: one.
    Sorry about that heh, yea I missed that post somehow

how many pins are saved to the contact? (I'm referring to if you open the contact > edit. How many pins are listed on the edit screen. Should be 0)
    08-21-14 09:32 AM
    Sorry about that heh, yea I missed that post somehow

how many pins are saved to the contact? (I'm referring to if you open the contact > edit. How many pins are listed on the edit screen. Should be 0)
    Why 0?
    It's 1, which is the one that we connected through in BBM, and to me, this seems correct.
    ONly in BBM, when r.g. inviting him for a new group, I see 2 PINs.
    08-21-14 05:57 PM
    I think I see why you said 0.
    In my case, it is 1, because I linked it with the record that was created for the new BBM contact.
    This is what I always do, when getting a new BBM contact.
    So yes, technically it's 0.
    08-21-14 06:03 PM
    I think I see why you said 0.
    In my case, it is 1, because I linked it with the record that was created for the new BBM contact.
    This is what I always do, when getting a new BBM contact.
    So yes, technically it's 0.
    From what I gather

His contacts shows 1 email address, 1 visible pin (from the linked bbm contact), and also one invisible pin "invite to bbm" field correct?

Check with your contact, but im 99% sure the email address you have saved to his contact is his old bbid.
    08-21-14 06:35 PM
    From what I gather

His contacts shows 1 email address, 1 visible pin (from the linked bbm contact), and also one invisible pin "invite to bbm" field correct?

Check with your contact, but im 99% sure the email address you have saved to his contact is his old bbid.
    Like I said already:
    In contact: 1 email address, 1 PIN. And this one email id is the one he used to register in the past, for the first time, and also a few days ago, for the 2nd time.

Yes "invite to bbm" also in contact.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 07:23 PM
    And this one email id is the one he used to register in the past, for the first time, and also a few days ago, for the 2nd time.

Yes "invite to bbm" also in contact.

Posted via CB10
    You're 100% sure that the email address is his current bbid..?

1. Unlink the bbm contact from his main contact.

After unlinking the, the local contact should still show *one* 'invite to bbm' field and not show a pin. Is this right?

2. Now go through the process to to invite the local contact to bbm (or bbm group).

It only suggests 1 pin and it's the wrong pin, right?
    If that is the case, the email you have saved to his contact is not his current bbid..
    08-21-14 07:37 PM
    You're 100% sure that the email address is his current bbid..?

1. Unlink the bbm contact from his main contact.

After unlinking the, the local contact should still show *one* 'invite to bbm' field and not show a pin. Is this right?

2. Now go through the process to to invite the local contact to bbm (or bbm group).

It only suggests 1 pin and it's the wrong pin, right?
    If that is the case, the email you have saved to his contact is not his current bbid..
    I don't know why I should do all this.
    There is only one email id, the only one that he ever had.
    This guy never had more than one email id.
    08-22-14 03:16 AM
    I don't know why I should do all this.
    There is only one email id, the only one that he ever had.
    This guy never had more than one email id.
    Why should you do this?
    Because your friend has an invisible problem and you want it fixed without involving him.
    Either share your friends email address or do the legwork yourself.

By invisible, I'm starting to think the problem is you, not his bbid etc.

Again, why should you do those last steps?? Well ffs, you haven't proved anything. How about you prove that the bbid is linked to 2 pins first?? If it is indeed linked to 2 pins there IS a way to get rid of the second one, but telling your friend is a waste of time if that is not the case.

Lets try this agaib
    After you unlink then contacts, does the local contact should have TWO invite to bbm fields or ONE?
    Can't help you without this info lolz
    08-22-14 10:08 AM
    Why should you do this?
    Because your friend has an invisible problem and you want it fixed without involving him.
    Either share your friends email address or do the legwork yourself.

By invisible, I'm starting to think the problem is you, not his bbid etc.

Again, why should you do those last steps?? Well ffs, you haven't proved anything. How about you prove that the bbid is linked to 2 pins first?? If it is indeed linked to 2 pins there IS a way to get rid of the second one, but telling your friend is a waste of time if that is not the case.

Lets try this agaib
    After you unlink then contacts, does the local contact should have TWO invite to bbm fields or ONE?
    Can't help you without this info lolz
    Your help is no longer needed. You can focus on other topics, if you like. Thank you for your efforts.
    08-22-14 12:05 PM