View Poll Results: Without a BBM WP client, will you be able to move your IMs to BBM

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Going cross platform BBM - No worries on WP/Sucks to be on WP or other

6 60.00%
  • Can't 100% do cross BBM - I need to chat with everyone/Whatsapp is fine

4 40.00%
    So I keep seeing the headlines that BBM is coming to Android and iOS. But no mention of Windows Phone.

At the moment I use Whatsapp to communicate with my non BlackBerry users which are iOS, Android and Windows Phone users. Now, if a Windows Phone option isn't available I wouldn't be able to suggest everyone use BBM as the group chat option makes no sense. We wouldn't be able to communicate with users who have an WP and I might as well keep Whatsapp.

Whats everyones take on this? If BBM comes without a Windows Phone client, do you believe you be able to move your friends/family/coworkers etc off the Whatsapp application to use BBM? I created a poll for your response.

Personally I don't think so...
    08-15-13 10:36 AM
    Although I do not have any friends that have windows phone, I do have to agree with you that it does defeat the purpose of having cross platform but yet are leaving one platform out. Lets hope its in the near future after the release for IOS and Android
    menaknow likes this.
    08-15-13 10:39 AM
    I assume BlackBerry is covering the major bases first and will develop or is developing a BBM app for Windows Phone to be released shortly afterwards
    08-15-13 10:46 AM
    BlackBerry is trying to put windows phone in 4th place I guess, if bbm is on all platforms except windows then less people will buy windows phone.....just a guess

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 06:28 AM
    It won't matter. BBM will get used anyway because WhatsApp sucks.

Posted via CB10 via BlackBerry Z10 (Telus)
    08-16-13 07:29 AM
    I assume BlackBerry is covering the major bases first and will develop or is developing a BBM app for Windows Phone to be released shortly afterwards
    BTW, best avatar... Hark the sound of Tarheel voices... that's the only reason I quoted you LOL.

Resources, resources, resources. BBRY is going for the biggest market, so I understand not supporting every platform just yet, even though that would be preferable IMHO.
    rayz336 likes this.
    08-16-13 07:36 AM
    OP: once MS produces a native skype app, then maybe.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 07:51 AM
    OP: once MS produces a native skype app, then maybe.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it is a matter of tit for tat. Could be, but I wonder why BBRY would be sparring with MS, when, in my mind at least, figuring ou how to get MS products like Office would be beneficial for BBRY down the line. Google and Apple are hardly supporting the platform.

That's why I think it is more a game of numbers. I have been wrong before though.
    08-16-13 07:55 AM
    I don't think it is a matter of tit for tat. Could be, but I wonder why BBRY would be sparring with MS, when, in my mind at least, figuring ou how to get MS products like Office would be beneficial for BBRY down the line. Google and Apple are hardly supporting the platform.

That's why I think it is more a game of numbers. I have been wrong before though.
    I agree. BlackBerry should try to ally with MS - though it could be difficult with them both competing for 3rd.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 08:10 AM
    I also agree that they should release it for Windows Phone. A gesture of good will.

They are both struggling for apps, and even though they are competing, they should be working together.

That being said, I'm hopefull for a blackberry announcement where they officially announced the Z30, announce 10.2 being released and BBM for iPhone and Android. All at once would be nice. Also an announcement that BBM for Windows phone is in development and that it's releasing with all features on it first. Along with perhaps a desktop client?

One can hope

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier
    QuantumQnx and devin266 like this.
    08-16-13 08:15 AM
    I also agree that they should release it for Windows Phone. A gesture of good will.

They are both struggling for apps, and even though they are competing, they should be working together.

That being said, I'm hopefull for a blackberry announcement where they officially announced the Z30, announce 10.2 being released and BBM for iPhone and Android. All at once would be nice. Also an announcement that BBM for Windows phone is in development and that it's releasing with all features on it first. Along with perhaps a desktop client?

One can hope

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier
    I think a desktop client would be a good differentiator of sorts. It sets it a bit apart from the biggest messaging service, on puts it at least on par with Google Hangouts.

Don't know if it is a reasonable wish on my part, but I can hope.
    08-16-13 08:19 AM
    Until BES10 supports Windows Phone there won't be a BBM version. The kind of hooks that BES uses may be just one of the many background features missing from Windows Phone, and since despite whatever people are thinking on the forums the cross platform BBM is a part of their MDM strategy.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 03:38 PM
    Won't really matter to me because everyone I know uses either a BlackBerry, android or iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 03:52 PM
    BBM needs a new name, BBM so sooooo unsexy.

Posted via CB10 on my mega cool Z10
    08-20-13 12:02 PM