When I try to invite someone to BBM via text message, there's only a few contacts in my contacts list. What gives? I'm anxious to try it but haven't been able to invite anyone. I'm sure it is operator error, so thanks in advance.
    11-26-13 01:32 PM
    When I try to invite someone to BBM via text message, there's only a few contacts in my contacts list. What gives? I'm anxious to try it but haven't been able to invite anyone. I'm sure it is operator error, so thanks in advance.
    Have you tried email invitations?
    What happens with them?
    Which OS are you running and what is your phone?
    11-26-13 01:51 PM
    Hi, it's a Z10 on whatever Verizon's latest OS is. I haven't tried emailing because I don't have some of the addresses. It's funny because the only contacts that come up are ones that I do have an email address for.
    11-26-13 03:16 PM
    Hi, it's a Z10 on whatever Verizon's latest OS is. I haven't tried emailing because I don't have some of the addresses. It's funny because the only contacts that come up are ones that I do have an email address for.
    that is not funny. Remember when you signed up for your Blackberry ID, they asked for your email address? So if you have your contacts with email addresses on your phone it will be able to detect if they use that email address tp to register a BlackBerry ID & if they did BlackBerry will recommend that you add them.

In the mean for have fun.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 01:49 PM
    The suggested list is absolutely nothing short of useless. It has basically my entire contact list in there, because at one time, almost everyone had a BlackBerry, but of course now none of them do. And only about five of them have xBBM.

Could BlackBerry not have removed them when they no longer had a BlackBerry?

I don't know if BlackBerry is fantasizing or is just plain stupid with this list, but it's useless.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 08:21 PM
    I've been searching for a good answer to this as well. I noticed that the question was "I want to add someone to bbm via text", and the answer
    was "use email" . I have quite a few contacts I don't have email addresses in the phone. I asked a friend to download bbm for ios, and she sent
    me a text to add her. I also found a reference to doing this with older versions of bbm. So, IS there a way to invite by text or sms, and if not,
    why not?
    12-09-13 10:24 AM
    Go to BlackBerry World search for bbm. It pop out a bbm logo that you can click and add your friends email for invite.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 04:30 PM
    Go to BlackBerry World search for bbm. It pop out a bbm logo that you can click and add your friends email for invite.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you very much for the robo-post, but again, this did NOT answer my question. Again, I was invited to someones ios BBM from a
    TEXT MESSAGE, older versions appear to have been able to send TEXT invites, so, is there any way to invite someone VIA TEXT
    to join my BBM on my Z30????? If not, why not??
    12-09-13 08:08 PM
    Thank you very much for the robo-post, but again, this did NOT answer my question. Again, I was invited to someones ios BBM from a
    TEXT MESSAGE, older versions appear to have been able to send TEXT invites, so, is there any way to invite someone VIA TEXT
    to join my BBM on my Z30????? If not, why not??
    Google search pop out BlackBerry official response :
    BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) Support and Help for BlackBerry 10 ...
    ca.blackberry.com/support/.../bbm/faq.ht...
    Frequently asked questions ... Can I use BBM to manage text messages? No. This feature is not available in BBM. .... How can I add contacts or invite my friends to join BBM? You can add contacts to�...

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 12:11 AM
    Google search pop out BlackBerry official response :
    BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) Support and Help for BlackBerry 10 ...
    ca.blackberry.com/support/.../bbm/faq.ht...
    Frequently asked questions ... Can I use BBM to manage text messages? No. This feature is not available in BBM. .... How can I add contacts or invite my friends to join BBM? You can add contacts to�...

Posted via CB10
    Not to be rude, but you're either not paying attention or English is not your primary language.
    I don't want to MANAGE my texts with BBM, just send an invite. Please see question
    Already asked twice above.
    12-10-13 08:34 AM
    Fqa has a list of questions. I just provide you the link. Sorry. Will not respond to you for sure. Thx.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:40 PM
    Fqa has a list of questions. I just provide you the link. Sorry. Will not respond to you for sure. Thx.

Posted via CB10
    you just did
    12-10-13 03:56 PM
    Ha, might as well. Someone determined to be rude with excellent English. - noted.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:10 PM
    you just did
    Snarky...

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:30 PM
    Sorry, but I though the question was QUITE clearly stated. I can invite from email, I can invite from linked in, I can invite over BBM through contacts, etc.
    so, can I or can I not invite over TEXT. I can google as well a the next person, and I can find the invite from email page as well. I don't understand
    why when I ask a specific question, I have replies that are WORKAROUNDS TO THE QUESTION I ASKED? Since all I get are replies on
    how to invite OTHER THAN TEXT, I guess it's safe to assume that it cannot be done. As the iOS, android, and older versions could use
    this method, I'm curious why it was dropped, and if it will return. Thank you.

BTW, this wasn't meant to become a flame war. If the answer is NO, then it is NO, you cant send text invites. I honestly did not
    think I was asking about HOW to invite, or manage text messages, and if the question really was not clear, I would be happy to
    apologize and attempt to rephrase the question
    12-11-13 02:21 PM
    On my Z10, in the invite screen if I enter a phone number, I get an option to select Phone:xxxxxxxx. Selecting this opens a text message window. See attached screenshots.
    BBM Invite-img_00001336.png

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails BBM Invite-img_00001337.png  
    mannie_47 and srb151 like this.
    12-11-13 10:32 PM
    On my Z10, in the invite screen if I enter a phone number, I get an option to select Phone:xxxxxxxx. Selecting this opens a text message window. See attached screenshots.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you VERY much. That was exactly what I wanted to know, and it worked great. Thanks again.
    12-17-13 08:44 AM