I recently update to 10.2.1 but now the instant previews for BBM won't work, everything else (whatsapp, facebook, email, twitter) is working fine. I have try everything, from turning off and on the function and restoring the os and updating again but nothing seems to work. Please help!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 02:42 AM
    Please try calling BBM's customer/ technical support. That might help.
    02-19-14 08:33 AM
    Try toggling each individual contact's instant preview setting. (you can do this quickly by tap-and-holding the contact within BBM and then tapping the menu icon that looks like an eye)

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 08:39 AM
    I had the same issue, someone in a prior thread (did you search?) went thru it. The only confirmed way is to backup your device, wipe it clean, reinstall the OS, and restore ONLY the top 2 options, APP DATA, and MEDIA. Do not restore the settings or it will remain. \\\

I can confirm that it works.
    Solidskila likes this.
    02-19-14 05:32 PM
    Did you try swiping from above while in the BBM app, selecting settings and going for the preview option in the chat section to see whether all of your contacts are enabled/selected?

Sorry if I misunderstood you and you ment it with "toggling the function on and off".

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    02-19-14 05:48 PM
    Try toggling each individual contact's instant preview setting. (you can do this quickly by tap-and-holding the contact within BBM and then tapping the menu icon that looks like an eye)

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that tip.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 05:51 PM
    It worked! Thank you very much!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 12:02 AM
    Anyone else still having this issue? Seems like since Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141 update I lost my instant previews. I checked selected all contacts and there all on, tried restarting the phone with no luck

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 09:03 PM
    Update. Fixed the issue, it seems that even if instant previews are set to on in BBM if it gets turned off under notifications they will not work. Not sure how they got turned off but I figure it's the last update

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 09:20 PM
    I don't have a toggle for instant preview in bbm

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 08:20 PM
    Which version of BlackBerry 10 do you have? I remember correctly instant previews started with 10.2

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 04:12 AM
    I have the most recent Rogers update on my z30, i have instant previews working for everything except bbm. I just kind of gave up on it now. I remember having an on/off option before but now I can't find it for bbm.

I have instant previews set to on in notifications, also have it turned on in the applications section for both bbm and bbm groups, then in bbm I have all contacts highlighted.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 09:34 AM
    Go to settings, notifications, and previews and turn it on from there or off and on again. Then they again. ( you have to be out of bbm or go out after and back in again) let me know if it helps

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 07:31 PM
    Go to settings, notifications, and previews and turn it on from there or off and on again. Then they again. ( you have to be out of bbm or go out after and back in again) let me know if it helps

Posted via CB10
    This did not work!

I also now noticed that under notification > applications > bbm groups, not all my groups show up so I can't change the ring tones for some groups but then some groups are listed.

Is there a way to delete bbm and then reinstall?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 11:27 PM