Is BBM Groups any Better? | GadgeUp
    Last edited by ukmight; 11-06-13 at 06:15 AM.
    10-30-13 02:11 PM
    Nice write up thanks for posting!!
    10-30-13 02:14 PM
    Oh YES it is!!!!
    10-30-13 02:15 PM
    Nice write up thanks for posting!!
    girl I'm running into you everywhere!!!!!
    10-30-13 02:16 PM
    Is this Physis your blog?
    10-30-13 02:18 PM
    Groups are great until you try to move devices. Then they get completely shot.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 02:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    So we reconvene...
    10-30-13 02:23 PM
    So we reconvene...
    This is acceptable to you? To have to rebuild you groups every time you want to switch devices? Maybe you can live with that measure of unreliability, but I cannot.
    10-30-13 02:59 PM
    Is this Physis your blog?
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 07:38 PM
    This is acceptable to you? To have to rebuild you groups every time you want to switch devices? Maybe you can live with that measure of unreliability, but I cannot.
    I have not had issues with groups when moving devices until at least one member of the group (and at least one admin) is still using BBM.
    BBM Groups have failed to restore if no other members are online which kind of makes sense as there would be no point being in a group that doesn't have any other member.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 07:41 PM
    Good post! Never realized you could create multiple threads within a group, I'll have to add that to my arsenal of features to preach. Also seeing when others are typing is a great feature whatsapp group chat doesn't have.

Of course, whatsapp does have push to talk, in-app picture/video sharing, and additional features bbm doesn't currently have. Let's be fair

Just need to get my bbm back and working! Currently on the fritz after the bbm channels beta upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 08:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    There are different ways you can manage groups to avoid such issues from happening, such as assigning more than one administrator, for example so you can get back in after a device swap.
    10-30-13 09:00 PM
    Yeah the ability to see who is typing is another great feature.
    If I remember correctly, push to talk was always there in legacy devices. Why they removed it on the newer devices, we will never understand. (They might have stats that could have helped them come to this)
    Not sure what you mean by in-app picture sharing but that is already there.

With BBM Voice and Video, they would have upped the ante a lot higher and if they decide to give screen share to cross platform, it would be amazing.

But they need to get the feature to be able to share videos and larger attachments if they want people to use Bbm as the only IM on their phones. I get at least 2 to 3 videos everyday over WhatsApp.

Good post! Never realized you could create multiple threads within a group, I'll have to add that to my arsenal of features to preach. Also seeing when others are typing is a great feature whatsapp group chat doesn't have.

Of course, whatsapp does have push to talk, in-app picture/video sharing, and additional features bbm doesn't currently have. Let's be fair

Just need to get my bbm back and working! Currently on the fritz after the bbm channels beta upgrade.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 10:56 PM
    There are different ways you can manage groups to avoid such issues from happening, such as assigning more than one administrator, for example so you can get back in after a device swap.
    Why should I have to "get back in" after a device swap? Why doesn't it automatically put me back in?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 07:36 AM
    I'd like to have the ability to set a different alert sound for groups. I like to be able to tell whether an incoming BBM is group or individual, cos individual ones may need immediate attention; group messages are less likely to.
    10-31-13 07:48 AM
    I can't see the option to create multiple threads in my bbm groups. I am using a Z10 and 10.2.
    10-31-13 08:50 AM
    Why should I have to "get back in" after a device swap? Why doesn't it automatically put me back in?

Posted via CB10
    Actually it does by itself. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you. It will not work only if there are no other active members left in the group.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 09:46 AM
    I can't see the option to create multiple threads in my bbm groups. I am using a Z10 and 10.2.
    When you add inside the group, tap the overflow menu (3 dots in the bottom right) and select start new chat.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 09:48 AM
    Actually it does by itself. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you. It will not work only if there are no other active members left in the group.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't work. Wonder if it was because I was the sole Admin?
    10-31-13 08:33 PM
    Didn't work. Wonder if it was because I was the sole Admin?
    Even if I have been the sole admin and there were still other active members using BBM Groups, the group was able to restore itself. Sometimes it took additional attempts to restore, but it worked eventually.
    The only time I have lost a group is when, the only members were me and my fiance. She stopped using BBM after moving to an Android and the groups moved to the pending status. I assumed that after the launch of cross platform she would log back in and I would be able to restore the group. However, she wasn't brought into the group after she signed on her Android and the group had to be deleted.
    I have 6 other groups which migrate seamlessly whenever I switch my Bbm from my Z to 9900 and vice versa.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 10:59 PM
    That's switching within BlackBerry. Good to know that works (for you). I'm talking about me, as the sole group Admin, switching between my BlackBerry and my iPad. Doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 07:50 AM
    That's switching within BlackBerry. Good to know that works (for you). I'm talking about me, as the sole group Admin, switching between my BlackBerry and my iPad. Doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure about the cross platform implementation. Haven't tried it myself.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 09:43 AM
    I'm not sure about the cross platform implementation. Haven't tried it myself.

Posted via CB10
    I am sure about cross platform implementation. I have tied it myself. It doesn't work.
    11-01-13 09:51 AM
    I am sure about cross platform implementation. I have tied it myself. It doesn't work.
    There seemed to be an issue cross platform. Like I said in one of my posts earlier, I had to delete one of the groups when the only other member moved to an Android.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:24 AM
    Brilliant.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:26 AM
32 12