1. Connection status rather then set status - In my opinion BBM server connection status is more important than the user set status. User set status is dated. I see hardly anyone using it. Most are always available. One should be able to set additional status, for people who use automated status.

2. Notify when online - at times one needs a reply urgently but the other party is not reachable. So at those times this feature would be useful. It can be done in a way that the other person needs to approve it.

3. Connect BBM with phone number as well so that new contacts suggestion can be made from phone number rather than emails as everyone does not have their contact's emails saved.

4. Fix the icons and positions. The icons are confusing and positions are not intuitive.

5. Change UI to more native BlackBerry apps type

6. Connect with cloud drives for attachments

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.2.440
    06-27-15 11:51 PM
    1. Connection status rather then set status - In my opinion BBM server connection status is more important than the user set status. User set status is dated. I see hardly anyone using it. Most are always available. One should be able to set additional status, for people who use automated status.

2. Notify when online - at times one needs a reply urgently but the other party is not reachable. So at those times this feature would be useful. It can be done in a way that the other person needs to approve it.

3. Connect BBM with phone number as well so that new contacts suggestion can be made from phone number rather than emails as everyone does not have their contact's emails saved.

4. Fix the icons and positions. The icons are confusing and positions are not intuitive.

I find myself on the opposite side on some of these. But having options is always a good thing. Just hope that some of these changes, if made, aren't forced on all.

1. I've never thought of that since the "received" check mark usually makes that info clear.

2. They will receive the msg when their network coverage is back, so along the same lines as #1 on your list, in my opinion, it might be redundant.

3. I'd be fine for others if they want that. I don't like the idea of my number being tied to BBM. I even use a email address on BBM that I don't share with anyone because I prefer the "invite and opt-in" pin system BBM has traditionally used. I imagine I'm in the minority, but someone knowing my phone number is not necessarily someone I want knowing I use BBM.

6. I would "opt-out" of this as well, but wouldn't mind if the option was there for those of you that want it. You can already use the Dropbox to send attachments. I personally wouldn't want all I send/receive uploaded to a cloud service by default.

At the end of the day, I just hope they don't force these kind of changes on us, but rather make them options or "opt-in" for those of you that would find them useful.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2339 CB10
    Last edited by jope28; 07-03-15 at 11:43 AM.
    07-03-15 08:32 AM
    Yes. All should be an option.

07-03-15 10:42 AM
    Load chats at oldest unread message.

Posted via CB10
    NephrenKa667 likes this.
    07-20-15 07:30 PM

Disagree with some of these.

1. Set status already covers this - you make yourself available, busy, or a custom message.

2. See #1. Also, there is a "What's on your mind?" that people can fill out too, which amounts to being able to put a second "status" if you will.

3. This is the one I disagree with most. This is the advantage of BBM over WhatsApp; the security/privacy of not having ones phone number tied to your account. On at least one occasion, someone on WhatsApp had what appeared to be a friend two years deceased show up as actively on. (http://www.berryreview.com/2013/10/2...privacy-issue/ )

4/5. I don't really have issues with the icon layouts or the UI design.

6. I agree with this and also an expansion of the size limits currently allowed in attachments.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-21-15 05:03 AM
    What about inline video sharing in BBM groups? Been waiting for this for a while now. Had to go to WhatsApp for this.

Picture sharing was added recently. Hopefully video sharing will also be here soon.

Posted via CB10 with my Z30 running 10.3.2.2339
    07-21-15 10:21 PM
    We need to be able to share files other than pictures with groups. Like we Really Need that.

Posted from "what kind of phone is that? "
    07-25-15 11:55 PM
    What about inline video sharing in BBM groups? Been waiting for this for a while now. Had to go to WhatsApp for this.

Picture sharing was added recently. Hopefully video sharing will also be here soon.

Posted via CB10 with my Z30 running 10.3.2.2339
    This is possible already.

However I believe everyone is looking for an inline video sharing option rather than using the file sharing options. Please #BBM please look into this.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 08:50 AM
    I hope that we will be able to add people by their phone number. This is the only practical way to do this if #BBM wants to remain relevant as a mobile messenger app.

If it is also possible to BBM anyone we know whether they have BBM or not. Those who has BBM will receive a BBM from us & those who don't have BBM will receive an email from us. When they reply the email or BBM, it comes to our BBM app.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 08:53 AM