BBM used to get the HD picture but now it fails, any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 06:34 PM
    Well, the person who sent the photo or posted it in a group has to have enabled "Always accept HD picture requests" or allow the request each time for you to receive an HD version of the photo.
    10-23-16 01:55 PM
    BBM used to get the HD picture but now it fails, any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Can you describe in more detail what exactly fails?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 04:24 AM
    If you send an image from another app (eg.twitter), then the file is not stored locally and the HD option will fail.

Does this happen when you send an image that is stored locally?
    10-26-16 05:24 PM
    It should not fail if it's local. It will however fail if one or both of you have bad data reception
    10-28-16 12:52 PM
    I frequently get the "transfer expired " message with some photos and it's very annoying (from Android to BlackBerry 10). Usually, if that happens, the other person has to send the pictures one by one, not more at a time.

You can have it in any colour as long as it's black
    10-29-16 09:34 AM
    "Transfer expired" means the other person didn't accept the HD request on time. Personally I set mine to automatically accept HD requests

From my Awesome Z10
    10-29-16 01:05 PM
    "Transfer expired" means the other person didn't accept the HD request on time. Personally I set mine to automatically accept HD requests

From my Awesome Z10
    That happens to my side only and I set it from the beginning to automatically accept. The timeframe from hitting the HD to getting the expired message is only a second or so, so although I appreciate your explanation, it doesn't apply in my case. It doesn't happen all the time, though, just sometimes, but it's annoying when it does.

You can have it in any colour as long as it's black
    10-30-16 01:19 AM
    Unfortunately the author's thread got hijacked. wg7 ... did your issue get resolved? If so, what was the resolution?

If it hasn't been resolved, please provide more details as requested earlier and hopefully we can get you to the answer.
    11-02-16 02:05 PM
    Yeah it was the automatic accept of hd requests on the other person's phone that was the problem. They wouldn't see the request and accept it so then it timed out. Thanks for your help!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-16 04:30 PM
    Personally, I think this HD request feature is pointless. I understand that BlackBerry is trying to save us some data, but most of us want to see the picture in its full glory. I propose the following: have an option under setting to automatically request HD pictures, just as the automatically accept HD request.
    03-23-17 06:22 AM
    Personally, I think this HD request feature is pointless. I understand that BlackBerry is trying to save us some data, but most of us want to see the picture in its full glory. I propose the following: have an option under setting to automatically request HD pictures, just as the automatically accept HD request.
    You raise a good point but your assumption that BlackBerry has the ability to implement such a minor change in a timely fashion is misguided.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 12:22 AM
    BBM does have another flaw lately that often prevents HD pics from being fully sent or received... often even when sender and receiver are on the same wifi.
    04-09-17 12:33 AM
    Why does my BBM picture look crystal clear on my device but when I upload it - it is blurry!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 04:49 AM
    BBM is experiencing another round of gitchiness.

On a recent trip to both Singapore and Japan, messages to iOS devices were often very delayed on delivery (just like the old days). And HD pics would rarely send and deliver properly.

The HD pic issue continues at home... even when on wifi... sometimes it works... sometimes it doesn't.

Great job little j... and your rag tag team of wannabe software super heros... NOT!

You can't even insure the one thing left with your name it works.
    04-09-17 10:33 AM