Hello fellow addicts.
    Here is the scenario:
    I have a z10. My display name reads "Donald Blair".
    I have a 9790. The display name is "Donald's other phone".

On the 9790, as a BBM contact, I don't want it to display "Donald Blair", so I change the display name of the contact to "Donald Duck" instead.
    On the 9790, there's an option under the menu when "Donald Duck" is selected, called "pin to" (or something to that effect). When I see the context menu fly out, it displays the name "Donald Blair", the same name that is set up on the z10.

The $64,000 question is: how do I get the name under the 'pin to' context menu to change to the name i've selected for the contact on the 9790? (ie, changed to "Donald Duck")? Is it even possible? Is it possible to disable the "pin to" feature in BBM on OS7 (kinda redundant to even have the option there to begin with, but I digress).

Your help, fellow crackheads, is appreciated.

Thanks.
    11-13-13 12:15 AM
    Hello fellow addicts.
    Here is the scenario:
    I have a z10. My display name reads "Donald Blair".
    I have a 9790. The display name is "Donald's other phone".

On the 9790, as a BBM contact, I don't want it to display "Donald Blair", so I change the display name of the contact to "Donald Duck" instead.
    On the 9790, there's an option under the menu when "Donald Duck" is selected, called "pin to" (or something to that effect). When I see the context menu fly out, it displays the name "Donald Blair", the same name that is set up on the z10.

The $64,000 question is: how do I get the name under the 'pin to' context menu to change to the name i've selected for the contact on the 9790? (ie, changed to "Donald Duck")? Is it even possible? Is it possible to disable the "pin to" feature in BBM on OS7 (kinda redundant to even have the option there to begin with, but I digress).

Your help, fellow crackheads, is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Dang I wish I had my OS7 fired up to test this with you.

I'm hoping someone with an OS7 device will see this to help you.
    11-15-13 04:56 AM