My Q10 went out for repair, so I backed it up 2 weeks ago using BB Link for Windows. I got my phone back yesterday, so I restored it (it came back with 10.1 MR on it, the same OS as I backed up from). When I restored it, my apps were there, but my BBM was restored to the state it was in 2 weeks ago. I lost a bunch of contacts and groups. I upgraded to 10.2 (my carrier's official upgrade OTA), yet the problem persisted.

I did a wipe, logged into my BBID and on the "wiped" version I had my BBM back intact. I tried restoring again (this time with 10.2 as my OS), yet the problem still exists. Is there a way to logout and relogin to BBM without a wipe?

I did a search and couldn't find a solution, hopefully it's something easy. I don't want to have to rebuild my phone or BBM list, although it's looking like I'm going to have to choose one to rebuild if no one has a solution.

Thanks.
    11-03-13 11:20 AM
    I don't think Link backs up BBM contacts. It's all backed up via your BBID.
    So whatever was last on your BBM should come back when you login.
    11-03-13 11:40 AM
    That's what I thought.

Unfortunately that's not what I'm seeing. I've lost all the new contacts I've added in the last two weeks on the restore. Prior to the restore I had my "current" BBM running well. After the restore, my contacts are going (but the old chats are back from two weeks ago).

If I wipe and login again, BBM is in the "current" state, not the two week ago state that exists after a restore.
    11-03-13 11:42 AM
    Ok, so a contact re-invited me, I added them, got a server error, then it relogged into BBM automatically and it's all working.

Not sure why it's like this, but I'm not going to question it now. Just saved a bunch of work either rebuilding my phone or BBM contacts. Now onto sideloading.
    11-03-13 11:51 AM
    Glad you got it fixed!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 03:40 PM