So I'm probably overlooking a really simple setting, but for the life of me I can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy.
    I get constant audible and visual new text chat notifiers even while in BBM and in open chat with the person I'm chatting. There is no point that I can see why would this be, as I'm already very aware of new messages! So why can't I find a way in settings to stop the persistent new message beep if i'm chatting already?? It's bringing me to the point of maddness.. I'm getting bbm messages regularly at work and it's annoying as hell to have to be listening and seeing led blink and hearing beeps all the time..

So what am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 07:32 PM
    open the profile you are using and set BBM to no sound
    06-11-15 06:33 AM
    Then there is no notification whatsoever, which I do not want.
    I want a new msg notification, but if I have current chat opened than what's the point of notifying me? I'm f%��ing looking at the chat!!

Posted via CB10
    hplovecraft likes this.
    06-11-15 08:43 AM
    Then there is no notification whatsoever, which I do not want.
    I want a new msg notification, but if I have current chat opened than what's the point of notifying me? I'm f%��ing looking at the chat!!

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!

I just wanted to ask the same question in the group. Since my Girlfriend got a Q10 we use BBM sometimes (also for videochat, which is nice). It really bugged me that I was looking at the chat and it did make a sound and all when she wrote me... Sometimes I have to press the message so it is marked as read in my window.

Why? Found no setting to get rid of that....

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 05:36 PM
    Sometimes I have to press the message so it is marked as read in my window.

Why? Found no setting to get rid of that....

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that too! New message is only marked read when you press it or start to type..

Don't tell me there are none of u CBers that have the same problem and are searching for/have already found a solution?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 06:04 PM
    I have the same issue but I ended up turning off the sound for the notifications. I still get a notification LED and vibration going so that keeps me informed. I don't have many BBM contacts hence its not a big issue for me.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    06-14-15 06:20 PM
    Yeah that work around is not an option for me, I use bbm constantly as I got my entire work crew and family w/ friends to make a switch to BlackBerry. And I work in a noisy environment with phone out of pocket most of the time, so vibrate does not actually solve anything, don't even have it turned on.
    This should be a simple setting, not a bad work around for users, BlackBerry should take more attention to details.
    Speaking of, my passport keyboard. I have everything turned off( prediction, auto correct etc.) yet still when I type 'ok' and press space it gets auto corrected to '('.. so I have to live with a work around that every time I write 'ok' I have to swipe to input it....
    You would say well it works, but I offer a counter argument.. it should work correctly out of the box, or there should be some setting to correct it, I shouldn't have to be forced into a conscious effort to make it work...

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 07:35 PM
    Speaking of, my passport keyboard. I have everything turned off( prediction, auto correct etc.) yet still when I type 'ok' and press space it gets auto corrected to '('.. so I have to live with a work around that every time I write 'ok' I have to swipe to input it....

Posted via CB10
    I don't get the word corrected or substituted when I type OK.
    Either you have a word substitution on for OK to change it to ( or must have stuffed up your personal dictionary.
    Try checking the word substitution and clearing your personal dictionary.

Generally typing 'br' gets you a '( '

06-15-15 02:14 AM
    Word substitution is clear, I checked the dictionary and learned words also cleared.
    I suspect it has more to do with the input language. I use slovenian input method due to the fact I need to write a few special characters that are not in the english alphabet.
    All in all I have three input languages enabled, chinese 拼音, english uk and, Slovenian sloven�čina. However when chosing different language input I can only chose between chinese or english/slovenian. The latter being grouped together..
    I suspect this is somehow to blame, but I fail to see who would make this mistake, because within the slovenian language 'ok' and 'do' are frequently used words. And the result is '(' and ') '....

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 04:20 AM
    Word substitution is clear, I checked the dictionary and learned words also cleared.
    I suspect it has more to do with the input language. I use slovenian input method due to the fact I need to write a few special characters that are not in the english alphabet.
    All in all I have three input languages enabled, chinese 拼音, english uk and, Slovenian sloven�čina. However when chosing different language input I can only chose between chinese or english/slovenian. The latter being grouped together..
    I suspect this is somehow to blame, but I fail to see who would make this mistake, because within the slovenian language 'ok' and 'do' are frequently used words. And the result is '(' and ') '....

Posted via CB10
    My girlfriend has the Q10 and uses German, Spanish and English as input.....I could not get rid of the substitution 'i' -> 'I'. So at the end I also assumed that is has something to do with the languages... (btw in valencian the 'i' is the 'and', so use quite often)

Back to the other topic:
    So getting annoying notifications is the status quo in BBM? Wow...would not have thought that such a thing has not been changed in all this time it exists.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 03:19 PM
    So getting annoying notifications is the status quo in BBM? Wow...would not have thought that such a thing has not been changed in all this time it exists.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, especially as there should be some simple setting that programmers could muster in a few hours of work and implement within the next update..

Would ask them, if only BlackBerry customer support were easier to contact.. tho I suppose it's like that on purpose..

I guess we just have to keep this thread going long enough some poor low level coder in BlackBerry notices it and suggests an improvement to his supervisor at the weekly meeting. Tho I suspect he wouldn't get any credit because the idea is just too good to be credited to low lvl employees. Resulting in a promotion and a big fat raise for the supervisor.

(for bb employee: I've just given you a great idea for free! Go and make yourself noticeable at the next meeting!)

Posted via CB10
    hplovecraft likes this.
    06-15-15 07:58 PM
    Besides that WhatsApp already supports this on BlackBerry, not sure why they missed it.

06-15-15 08:51 PM