Having an issue with picture transfer on BBM.

Sent a photo, but there's no delivery receipt for pictures. Next to the picture in the BBM chat it says "Picture sent".

If I close and reopen the chat, it says "Picture transfer encountered an error". Closing and reopening the chat it says "Picture sent". Now it's showing the error message again.
    Last edited by ssbtech; 10-09-13 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Clarified title
    10-04-13 08:33 PM
    OS and BBM version number?
    10-04-13 11:30 PM
    I don't know, whatever the latest version is from Bell. Does it matter? Is there a known bug with a particular version?
    10-05-13 05:08 PM
    BBM Bug?-img_00000361.jpg

Here's an issue: I attached a picture to a chat, added a title and sent it. You can see the first one says that it's sent, but is 0 bytes. Second photo shows 17.11 KB of 17.11 KB sent, but there's no "sent" confirmation. Only a progress bar that appears to be stuck at 100%. No title text sent with that photo.

There's nothing to tell me if the picture has been delivered, read, queued, etc... I don't know if the recipient's device is even turned on at the moment.

Z10;
    STL100-3;
    Software Release 10.1.0.4633;
    OS Version 10.1.0.4633;
    BBM Version 10.2.20.37

EDIT: 20 minutes after typing this post, I see that the first picture is now showing a progress of 14.12 KB / 14.12 KB with a 100% blue progress bar. Still no delivery confirmations.
    10-09-13 11:57 AM
    Update: Closing all windows/apps and opening the chat in BBM: Both pictures in the chat thread show "0 bytes" and "Picture sent"

In the active chats page of BBM, it currently says "Sending Picture" as the last thing written (where it gives a preview of the last message).

Update 2: I've closed and reopened the chat thread. The picture sizes are once again showing with a 100% progress bar. There's no "sending" or "sent" notification.

Update 3: Once again, I've closed and reopened BBM to the chat thread. The pictures are showing "Picture sent" with 0 byte file sizes displayed. No progress bar.

So what I know is this. I have pictures that may or may not be 0 bytes. Or they could be 17.11 KB and 14.12 KB respectively. The pictures may or may not have been sent, or could still be in the process of being sent. The recipient may or may not have received them.
    10-09-13 12:04 PM
    Did you solve problem? If so how?
    12-04-13 10:50 PM
    I don't know, I haven't sent any photos for a while.

I also later found out the recipient of the photo had a broken phone, so that might have had something to do with it too.
    12-04-13 11:22 PM
    I was meaning to report the picture status shortcoming a while back.

The OP is correct when he reports there is no confirmation if and when a picture sent is viewed. I often follow the picture with a separate message. If the follow up message is read, I assume the picture was also viewed.

Also, I tried to send a 15 second video over bbm to an iPhone user and it failed. I had to send it over sms/mms instead. Sad.

No cross platform video chat yet, no bbm for Windows phones, no bbm windows/mac "desktop" client, unreasonable limits on video transmission, horrible picture quality, issues with xbbm received message notifications, and no landscape mode for bbm.

Just pointing out the obvious: BBM needs to up their game significantly and quickly or lose big time!

-
    Composed on my Z-30
    (SR-10.2.1.176/OSv10.2.1.1055)

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 07:27 AM
    One last gripe:

Changes were made to the user interface for texting and email where the "send" buttom was relocated to the top or above the keyboard.

The same is needed for BBM as these fat fingers often send incomplete BBM messages unintentionally.

These complaints are out of love for BBM.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 10:45 AM