Do anyone of you know how it works?
    The users must have a BlackBerry ID and Pin or only a BlackBerry ID?
    06-28-13 01:40 AM
    every android & iOS device will have its own PIN and they are exchangeable. that's how it will go.

what i'm interested to know now is... will all BBM traffic from those devices be routed to the BB NOC? or will it be just like whatsapp?
    06-28-13 02:19 AM
    BlackBerry is moving away from PINs. It will require a BBID.

Traffic on the BB10 platform doesn't require the NOC, nor will the ported version of BBM.

That said, as any Internet service, BBM requires a server (or, in fact, several servers) to make the connections find each other. In that sense, it has always been like whatsapp (or rather, whatsapp has always been like BBM).

BIS is gone. The age of the NOC as you know it is over.
    06-30-13 09:56 AM
    BlackBerry is moving away from PINs. It will require a BBID.

Traffic on the BB10 platform doesn't require the NOC, nor will the ported version of BBM.

That said, as any Internet service, BBM requires a server (or, in fact, several servers) to make the connections find each other. In that sense, it has always been like whatsapp (or rather, whatsapp has always been like BBM).

BIS is gone. The age of the NOC as you know it is over.
    I believe you are wrong about the routing of BBM. I'm pretty sure it still goes through BB's NOC. Everything else, no, but BBM yes. I don't have any source at the moment to prove this but I will try and scrounge up what I read in the past and will post if I can find it.

EDIT - A quick internet search turned this up and at the same time I learned of a new feature that I was unaware of.

http://www.berryverse.com/showthread...n-image-on-BBM
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 06-30-13 at 10:37 AM.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    06-30-13 10:16 AM
    I believe you are wrong about the routing of BBM. I'm pretty sure it still goes through BB's NOC. Everything else, no, but BBM yes. I don't have any source at the moment to prove this but I will try and scrounge up what I read in the past and will post if I can find it.

EDIT - A quick internet search turned this up and at the same time I learned of a new feature that I was unaware of.

Article: How To: Request a High Quality copy of an image on BBM
    The NOC being the server I was refering to. The NOC as the gateway that slowed things down is no more.
    06-30-13 11:27 AM
    The NOC being the server I was refering to. The NOC as the gateway that slowed things down is no more.
    I understand what the NOC is what purpose it served. I also know that it slowed things down but one cannot ever say that BBM was in anyway slow. I still stand in believing that BBM does, and will continue to, run through the BB NOC. I will continue to find better information regarding this. If I am wrong, so be it as it really doesn't matter to me if I am right or not, but this is what I am let to believe.
    06-30-13 12:23 PM
    I understand what the NOC is what purpose it served. I also know that it slowed things down but one cannot ever say that BBM was in anyway slow. I still stand in believing that BBM does, and will continue to, run through the BB NOC. I will continue to find better information regarding this. If I am wrong, so be it as it really doesn't matter to me if I am right or not, but this is what I am let to believe.
    Read what I said again. We're not in disagreement.

The NOC made things slow... for everything outside of then RIM's services.
    06-30-13 02:55 PM
    This is my guess, based on my experience with LiveProfile. BBRY purchased LiveProfile a couple years ago and my first guess was they were going to incorporate this to BBM. If it does or not is yet to be seen.

The LiveProfile way of doing things is that you log on with an email address (like bbid) and you're given a pin. That's how people find you, just like on normal BBM. The app is always on and running, just like regular BBM. It logs on automatically after a restart.

Even though BBRY has been pretty mum about their acquisition of LP, the app itself has continually been updated, most recently to allow group support. I'm curious to see if they're just going to skin and re-brand this app for their cross-platform BBM.

Again, all of this is pure observation and speculation.
    07-05-13 04:32 PM
    I had a questions maybe someone can answer for me. Now I don't know much about technology and its jargon but I wanted to know if BBM for android/ios will need a Wifi connection ti work?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 09:36 PM
    BBM for iOS/Android can be used over a Data connection whether that be WiFi or Mobile

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 12:45 AM